1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

In A Dilemma

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by shama146, Sep 20, 2018.

1. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

One problem doesn't finishes, the other is ready.

I have one naughty 1.6 yrs son and 4 yrs old daughter. I and my hubby used to live in the same city as my parents. So in a month say for a week i stay at my parents place for my kids sake as they enjoy a lot at their grandparents place.

Three months ago my hubby lost his job. Last month he got a job at some different city. My DD got admitted in nursery this year in the best school of our city. So our plan was to stay here for atleast a year. Hubby was also saying that mean time he will be searching job here only.

Now the problem is we are staying at our mom's place since last month. I know it is difficult for them too. My mom told me to find a rented place nearby.

How shall I convey this to my hubby. I know he will take this in a very bad light saying your mom can't keep you for few months. And this will strain his relation with my parents. Don't know who is wrong or right? How to convey this to my hubby in the right way. Feeling very miserable and like a burden in my own parents place.

2. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

1 are u ok with living in a rented place next to ur parents ? if yes then
    2 tell ur hubby that U (not ur parents) find it difficult to live together ...u can give n number of reasons ..e.g, kids can be too hard to handle for senior citizens ...they need some peace at this age ...etc etc ...
    ask his opinion ...and then search for some very near place ..so that it wd be best for u and ur parents both..all the best:ciao:

ratan, shravs3, shama146 and 2 others like this.
  3. shama146

shama146 Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear for ur reply.
    I can definitely live alone. But problem is if I will tell my hubby that I want to stay alone, he will never agree saying how u will live alone with two small kids. He is also correct in his own way.

Why after marriage a girl becomes a liability? Hubby is telling me to give them a fixed amout every month for our expenses. But my parents will feel very offended if I say this.they will never accept. I know. What to do ?

4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

1 you could try to talk to your parents about giving them an amount for expenses.
    2 move to your husband's city. School can be found there also

shravs3 likes this.
  5. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

Best school in the city to learn A,B,C and basic 1,2,3 ? Are going through all this trouble , inconvenience to your parents for that ? Also staying away from husband for this ?
    After I have been an adult and lived away for studies my parents home has never felt my own. It is a huge welcoming Punjabi home but I feel like a guest there. My room there has good memories that’s it.
    More than money having two kids around will tire your old aging parents I think. My parents home is really clean and neat . Every time I visit with my kids it’s like a war zone there.
    Find a rented place or move with your husband ASAP please.

6. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

@shama146
    u said "I can definitely live alone. But problem is if I will tell my hubby that I want to stay alone, he will never agree saying how u will live alone with two small kids. He is also correct in his own way.

Why after marriage a girl becomes a liability? Hubby is telling me to give them a fixed amount every month for our expenses. But my parents will feel very offended if I say this.they will never accept. I know. What to do ? "

--- sweetie ..believe me , i really understand ur problem. first of all u r feeling a bit sad and shunned because ur parents asked u to find a rented space. i dont think u hv become a liability for them .. see dear, u r not alone ..if u were alone then they would not hv mind to keep u with them ..but its a fact that sometimes people (in particular senior citizens) are not ready for children ...forget about senior citizen even i can not handle kids for more than few hours .
    in a survey conducted by a famous site , 65% of grandparents replied that "“I love being part of my grandchild’s life, but it’s not the center of my life.”
    about one in five cited conflict with the grandchildren’s parents or difficulty juggling work and other time demands to be with grandchildren.
    may be ur parents find it exhaustive and tiring at this age .......try to talk with ur mom about arranging a cook or maid for other household chores (for whom u will pay)
    -- btw how big is ur parents house? do they own the house or on rent ? if its on rent then u can all move into a bigger house for which u can pay half the amount ..just discuss with ur parents.
    but please consider living with ur husband (that will be the best choice).. cuz now a days for primary education even little towns have good schools and in the long run it hardly matters...many of my cousins are from small towns and studied in hindi medium schools but most of them r having better jobs than those whove studied from so called TOP SCHOOLS ..

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018