1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Impulsive buying......YOU or YOUR SPOUSE???????

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Gooseberry, Apr 20, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Gooseberry, Count me in.
    Neha - I see.. SP, is she bollywood star? Pls don't laugh at us, girls.. :bowdown

Anyways,
    coming to the point, Impulsive shopper: My DH.

Especially he spends more than he normally would when he buys things on 'Sale'!

If it were me, if a $50 item is on sale for $20, I buy it (I spend $20).
    If the same ad catches DH's eyes, he buys 3 of them (whether he wants it or not) and end of day spends $60.:idontgetit:

He will be very proud at his 'presence of mind'. And I will be :rant(most of the time in my mind). And I go clean my pantry or do laundry to vent myself out. :bonk

If I see the 'Sale' sign in any shop, I dread entering.. :spin

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  2. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

I think MsTrue's DH will do the impulsive shopping on purpose. Who wouldn't? Imagine if you frustrate DW, and then she goes cleans pantries, organizes stuff, gets a lot of work done :rotfl

PS:
    MST - Watch some south indian movies! I do have to laugh at ya'll now :biglaugh

3. Gooseberry

Gooseberry Senior IL'ite

OK Spiderman...that is neha...thanks.

Believe me I am hearing for the first time. Really, I have to say this Mstrue, you need not feel that you will be laughed at, I am also in that group.

Anyways, if someone does not know Madhubala,Madhuri Dixit, Meena Kumari or Waheeda Rehman then it may be a big thing but these Chota mota ones these days.....who cares? They are mere skeletons with absolutely zero expressions in their faces. Camera needs to go down the line other than their face....:rotfl

Hey! NO OFFENSE.........This is strictly my opinion.....Please....

Do not feel bad....I am sorry if it hurt you guys who are fans of some of these newbies....SORRY!!
    But, take it easy and you can pull my leg too.....

4. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Thats me most of the times... But have worked on it a bit now. I think twice before paying. But the clutter that I've accumulated before the 'changed me' is yet to be cleared:spin. But they were relatively inexpensive stuff, so to say....

Dh impulasively shopped for a $800 camera and a few other gadgets that he hardly uses. :bowdown

So whenever he points finger on me, I point my finger back on him and say, the total spent on what I shopped in so many years is meagre compared to his impulsive shopping cost.. :biglaugh:biglaugh

5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

ahhh.... that's mee oopall :-( The problem with me is that I buy things in bulk, put them in the garage and then forget that it exists. The next time I go, I buy the same thing completely forgetting that we already have more than enough of it.

Last week I found 3 unopened packs of Clorox wipes, 1 of which I had never taken out of the trunk of my car and I had no clue since when it had been lying there! I really have to start doing something to avoid this!

6. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

Both.

People I know say am "born to shop"....Yeah am born to be a shopaholic:thumbsup
    I buy and buy tons of clothes, home decor stuff and gold jewelery. My DH is into electronic gadgets. But the good thing is I De-clutter once a year and donate/give-away "don't need anymore" clothes, home decor stuff and old electronic gadgets if any to charities,friends etc. Once a while I take part in a community yard sale so that I can make some money and donate it to my fav. charity.
    My DH taunts me all the time about how I spent my honeymoon shopping in Bahamas instead of enjoying the beaches and the cruise. All I did was shop on board the ship and off. Recently I promised him that I won't shop anymore on vacations except for souvenirs and that I would spend less than 30 mins shopping for them. A promise very very hard to keep :hide:

7. Gooseberry

Gooseberry Senior IL'ite

Coolphani.....you are USTAAD in this field....I suppose!!.........:rotfl

You buy so much stuff??? See, thats the problem with me. When I hear someone like this I feel like shopping myself but again when I see what people like oopall do, then I want to be like them too.....
    Got to strike a balance!!

8. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

Guess you can call me that :crazy

Sometimes I think I seriously need some psychiatric help to stop myself from buying stuff Esp when I see a SALE sign .Starting this Aug (3 yrs of marriage) I am trying to cut back on my shopping for clothes and home decor stuff and put the money to good use like donating to temples/charities,donating to hospitals back home etc. They say "Old habits die hard" I have been like this- obsessive shopper for a very long time now but I have to change in next 1 or 2 yrs or else I might need some sort of intervention . Sometimes I argue with my parents for not controlling me but poor them ...they were just being nice to me. My mom says I used to shop a lot when I was in India but not like I have been(sort of out of control) for the past 10 yrs i.e when I came here as a student. For the time being, since about a month now whenever I am tempted to buy stuff that I don't need right away I close my eyes and think about the less-privileged , this seems to be working ...

9. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    i can say both of us but in the fields we are interested in.i can't resist books.often i enter a book store with fixed mind to buy 2 but will end up with 4.............still no regrets.
    on other hand my dh is stationary freak.he will buy endless files,folder,pens,pins,clips................i have so many pens that both my son can use one per month for next 10 years.
    pragati

10. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

Yippeee glad to see so many people who do impulsive shopping just like meeee:cheers

I see the board SALE...i def would try to walk in to see if there is anythin i buy

My hubby just the opposite...buy things only wen its necessary...actually if we both go to such places,he would atleast say once...."ok move fast,nothin to buy"....:rotfl

so i prefer goin alone....hehehe

Mostly,in case of exhibitions evern if they keep the same thing thrice in the same month,i would definetely enter the place and start looking at all things....with a mind set that i should not buy anythin...nothin looks so important or necessary to buy....but wen i come out , i have a polythene with somethin bought for atleast 75Rs in it :whistle

Everytime i say to myself, no dont shop untill it is really important but what to do my heart never listens....:rant :bonk