Important Things to carry bef shifting to Sharjah...

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Sharjah' started by xpressions, Jan 15, 2014.

1. xpressions

xpressions New IL'ite

Hi frenz,
    I will be flyng to Sharjah by April end, as Hubby has joined a co. there. At present he is in a hotel accommodation arrngd by the co. simultaneously luking for a rental flat in Sharjah. Pls guide me on what essentials i should buy from India to carry wid me there? I mean medicines, some utensils etc and what else which is very xprensive there. Also request you guys to gv your feedback on Royal academy School Ajman, as my v r planning to enroll our 3.5 yrs old kid there for KG1. Admissions in DPS and Ryan star is closed for CBSe, hence hubby's colleague suggested him this school atleast for KG1.

Pls advice....

Rgds,
    Seema

1 person likes this.

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

regarding rental it is good to select the place near to your hubb's home or in the city which ever is continent to your budget.

For school once you came go to the school with Transfer certificate and rank card along with promoted card to Gulf Asian English School and meet Mr. Muneer he is nice guy will help you.

all things are available here the cost is not that much difference you can buy here itself. you can carry some of your utilities according to your weight permitted in your flight normally for one person can carry 37 kgs, this will be applicable for kid also.

about medicine pl. read this list of the medicine and ensure that you are carried any band items.

UAE Travel: Tourist: Drug guidelines - UAEinteract

3. xpressions

xpressions New IL'ite

Hey dear,
    Thank you so much.........

4. hamdan5

hamdan5 New IL'ite

Hi dear !!
    Welcome in advance to Sharjah .Sharjah is quite an accommodating city.You don't need to buy anything from India as all the things are available here at reasonable rate. But one thing I brought along with me was a pressure cooker.
    As for admission is concerned it is almost closed in all the schools.You can enroll your child in any kindergarten/playgroup for this year and can look for yourself for the best option next year.The best cbse schools in Sharjah are DPS,Our own and gems millennium to name a few..

1 person likes this.
  5. friendlyaqua

friendlyaqua Bronze IL'ite

welcome xpressions,

Before going in for accomodation, few things to be noted.

Husband's workplace & if u plan to work then the same
    Transportation from work to home
    Budget
    Type of surrounding preferred

If your husband is working in sharjah the better to take accomodation in sharjah near qasimia or buhaira, rolla (depending upon your budget)

If he is working in dubai and if you have a limited budget, better go in for Al Nahda as it is the border of dubai and sharjah. (If you too plan to work then al nahda is easily accessible from sharjah and dubai both)

If your husband's company provides transportation, any place would be suitable (inside sharjah is normally crowded and traffic jams)

I stay at Al Nahda and found the place to be the best place to stay as everything is within reach, lively place and just cross the border and you are in Dubai (with buses and metro) within your reach.

With regards to School, you can check Gems Millenium, though the admissions must be over, even I had come in April and May 15 was the last date they had given to me for my son's admission to kg1.

Once again welcome and hope to see you in Sharjah.

1 person likes this.