Immediate attention: How to perform Margasira Guruvaar vrat

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by soumya2552, Nov 18, 2009.

1. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Please ladies....give me the details of margasira guruvaar vrath for lakshmi devi.
    How to perform??? wat is the story to be read??? also the naivedyam for each thursday.

i am not able to search in google due to some technical problem. ..please share the details if you all know.

regards
    Soumya.

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Dear Sowmya,

It is believed that observing Lakshmi puja during the month will solve all problems of performers and Goddess Laxmi blesses devotees with prosperity, wealth and health.

Margasira Lakshmi Puja is one of the major vows observed in North Coastal districts of Andhra Pradesh. Though the puja procedure or puja vidhanam is same as other Lakshmi vratham like Deepavali Lakshmi puja and Varalakshmi puja, the naivedyam that is offered to the Goddess is different. In 2009, Margasira Lakshmi puja 2009 dates are – November 19, November 26, December 3, December 10 and December 10.
    On Thursdays in Margasira month, devotees prepare to perform Laxmi puja either in temples or at homes. Houses are cleaned and kept neat during the festival days and the image or small idol of Goddess Lakshmi is placed at puja place. Some people also place a Kalasham instead of image or idol of Lakshmi.
    Lord Vinayaka or Ganesh is worshipped first. Devotees perform Prathama puja to Ganapati to get rid of obstacles or vignas. After Ganapati puja, Goddess Lakshmi is worshipped with shodashopachara puja and ashtottaram and offered special Naivedya on each day during the month. The Margasira Lakshmi vratha katha or the story of Margashira Laxmi puja is recited after puja.
    Lakshmi puja is performed on all Thursdays during the month of Margashirsha. If only four Thursdays fall in Margashria masam, then the Laxmi Vratham is also observed on the first Thursday of Pushya masam.

Naivedyam or food offerings to Goddess Lakshmi during Margasira Lakshmivara Vratham:
    1st Thursday – Pulagam
    2nd Thursday – Ksheerannam (Paalannam)
    3rd Thursday – Kudumulu
    4th Thursday – Paramannam
    5th Thursday – Poornam Boorelu

On the last Thursday after Lakshmi puja, poornam boorelu are offered to five mutthaiduvulu (married women) along with ‘thamboolam’. The five women are considered as the avataras of Lakshmi and offered meals on this day. There is no udyapana or udwasana for this vratham. One can perform the Margashira Lakshmi vratham for longtime.

3. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Priyamommy

this was a new vratham for me...I didnt knew about it..however thanks alot for the procedure and in detail explanation...

Is it possible for you to post the story to be read on that day....I would want to do the pooja...

Thanks again

4. soumya2552

soumya2552 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the info dear. My frnd suggested me not to do this puja until and unless it is observed in your In-laws place. Is it true?? coz this is one such puja which has to be passed from MIL to DIL.

Please consult ur elders before u start this vrat.

I am attaching the story realted to this vrat....please check if this is the right one...I found it in google search last night.
    Hope it helps!!!

Attached Files:

5. vsireesha

vsireesha New IL'ite

thanks a lot soumya...
    for attaching the vratha katha of margasira laxmi puja.i just went through the story..but the story which was told by my mother-in-law was different from this.

I've already peformedthe vratam for two thursdays in this month.
    Anyways keep up the good work and keep posting new things...
    :thumbsup
    siri

6. chitravardhini

chitravardhini New IL'ite

Dear Madam,

Please attache the tamil version of this pooja katha so that it is easy.
    waiting for the early reply.

regds
    chitravardhini

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  7. vijayanagrani

vijayanagrani New IL'ite

please i want to know how laxmi puja is done & its laxmikatha on thursdays in margashirsh month.

8. vijayanagrani

vijayanagrani New IL'ite

please i want to know how laxmi puja is done & its laxmikatha on thursdays in margashirsh month.

9. Rajiniyella

Rajiniyella New IL'ite

Pls let me knw the story of sri maha laxmi which is done in margasiri maasam on thursday...i knw the puja vidhanam bt i dont hav the story to read...If anybody knows the story pls post it..so tat it will be usefull to many people :) Hope i'l get the story soon :)

10. Rajiniyella

Rajiniyella New IL'ite

It will be better if some one post me the story in telugu version...or convert it into english n post pls post it as soos as possible........