I'm pregnant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sanravi_1970, Sep 26, 2007.

1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Reg lamaze class

Hi all

I am 28 weeks pregnant and i just want to take up the lamaze class. When i enquired in my doctor office, they r charging 175$. I just want to know if there are any other place where i could take up the class for lower fee.
    I stay in Nassau county, Long island, NY.

Ur help is really appreciated.

Thanks

2. Haasini

Haasini New IL'ite

Pregnancy: Weight gain

Hi Ladies,

I'm in 29th week of my pregnancy.

Is it normal that if the weight gain is only towards tummy.
    Till now I gained 20 pounds. I don't look fat but only tummy is getting big.
    Is this a healthy weight gain for the baby ?

Appreciate your answers.

3. sahana

sahana New IL'ite

Re: Pregnancy: Weight gain

Hi Haasini,

I think u have gained correctly, so need to worry. Eat well and continue
    ur exercise routine and enjoy every moment.

Goodluck with ur delivery
    Sahana

4. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Hi Haasini,

Gaining weight just at the tummy and not becoming fat is a healthy sign. Many of those who have adequate food and exercise stay that way only till 2nd Trimester. In the last trimester (after 30 - 32 weeks), the weight gain per week will be higher because the baby's growth becomes much faster. There are also many tools in the internet to check out healthy weight increase in websites like babycenter. You could type 'pregnancy weight gain' in google and check out too.

Wishing you all the very best.

Regards,
    Nandhita

5. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am in the end of my first trimester.

I still have severe vomiting sensation.rarely throwing out.I sleep until 11.00am.(atleast 12 hrs :( ).

So i leave my stomach empty for more than 10 hrs.Is that bad?Sometimes i wake up around 5am and eat some fruits and again SLEEP.I dont feel like eating anything else.Please tell me some tips like what kind of food that i can try during these times.

Also i havent gained weight.I have my next visit on jan4th.Doctor had told to gain atleast 5 pounds before that.

I am taking food as much as i can..but not gaining weight...

Is it wrong?Will it affect my babies growth?Will my moring sickness run away???

Appreciate your suggestions!!:)

6. Nandhita

Nandhita New IL'ite

Hi Cathy, Check out with your gynaec whether you can be given some pill to overcome morning sickness. They do it in India and it helps you eat food, go ahead with life, gain weight and stay healthy, especially in the first trimester. The pill is supposed to be harmless and you need to take it only till your morning sickness becomes controllable. Don't know whether it is done in US.

Without pills, I think bland food will be liked best. You could eat chapatis with curd, idli with curd. Just heat and powder cumin seeds (Jeera), mix it with rice, add salt and eat. You can certainly eat this one, even during morning sickness. It tastes good in the mouth, when nothing else does.

All the best.

Regards,
    Nandhita

7. maha

maha Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

Check out this link for the break up of pregnancy weight gain..

Break up of pregnancy weight gain

Hope this helps to keep track of ur weight gain..

8. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

daer cathy,
    do not worry.once the nausea etc stops u will gain the required weight.i hope u r taking folic acid.
    eating fruits is best during 1st trimester as it is the only thing which does not triggers nausea .i am in my 2nd trimester & am facing insomania so when i feel hungry at night i usually take fruits & sometimes cold milk.
    do not worry no weight gain in 1st trimester does not effect baby.
    all the best

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear cathy, As Nanditha says if your vomitting is too strenuous then ask your gyn for some medicament. Sleeping is quite normal... your body is getting used to all the changes and so forcing you to take rest. And you can't gain weight just because your doctor said so:) i'm now 14 weeks pregnant (second child) and my weight gain fluctuated during the first 2 visits and my doc only asked me to eat anything that i like but not force myself. so stay cool. once your vomitting, nausea etc., passes away you'll find yourself gaining weight normally. till then enjoy all the sleep;) latha

10. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Nandhita,Maha,Mahajanpragati and traveller.

Since i was out of home for the past 3 days i couldnt check IL.

I entered in to my 13th week on last sunday.I feel much better from yesterday.

No Vomiting since monday :).But i havent started taking my normal food yet.I feel like eating frequently which i feel good for me.As mahajanpragati said i had bought all types of fruits except grapes(since i get FLU) and opened a new shelf near to my bed :).I have to start getting up in the middle and eat them.I am planning to keep some milk also in the flask.Is it okie to store milk in the flask?

I hope I am slowly coming to normal.:)

Thanks once again.!!
    -take care all of you.
    Cathya