1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

i'm on Diane -35 need ur valuable suggestions!!

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by swethareddy86, Dec 6, 2011.

1. swethareddy86

swethareddy86 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

Am a brand new member of IL , i have few queries related to the use of DIane 35.
    i got married 1 month ago & am on Diane 35 since 5 months now, my dermatologist prescribed me this pill to reduce the pimples & scars i had, now my skin looks beautiful no pimples no more oily skin, my question now is wil i get back my pimples n oily skin after stopping daine?? Also will i have any problem to concieve in future? i am using Diane now as a contraceptive too & my periods r regularised after taking diane. please help me

2. swethareddy86

3. Hyral

Hyral Gold IL'ite

no idea about diane. But my gynaec adviced me CRISANTA as contraceptives its indeed safe and is atleast working well for me as am also married from past 11 months . I too have pimples but feels it has reduced.

4. swethareddy86

5. qwe

qwe New IL'ite

Diane 35 helps to control unwanted hair growth,pimples & weight.Before marriage i was taking this pill for years to regularise my periods.

6. swethareddy86

Hi All,

After intense research & discussions with Doc's i am posting this for new users of diane who may have queries like me.

Please note:- Diane 35 should be used only for the treatment of severe acne & Hirsutism, if all other medications fail, under the prescription of a dermatologist.
    Do not take it solely as a Contraceptive, it will damage your liver

Diane 35 consists of two hormones cyproterone acetate and ethinylestradiol in a very minute proportion.
    The substance cyproterone acetate contained in DIANE-35 inhibits the influence of androgens produced by the female system. It is thus possible to treat diseases caused by either an increased production of androgens or a particular sensitivity to these hormones.

While DIANE-35 is being taken, the increased sebaceous gland function, which plays an important role in the development of acne and seborrhea, is reduced. This leads - usually after 3 to 4 months of therapy - to the healing of existing acne efflorescences. The excessive greasiness of the hair and skin generally disappears earlier. The loss of hair which frequently accompanies seborrhoea likewise diminishes.
    Treatment with DIANE-35 is indicated in women of child-bearing age who exhibit mild forms of hirsutism, and in particular in slightly increased facial hair; results do not, however, become apparent until after several months of use.
    Apart from the described antiandrogen effect, cyproterone acetate has also a pronounced progestational action. The sole administration of cyproterone acetate would thus lead to cycle disturbances which are avoided by its combination with ethinylestradiol in DIANE-35. This holds true as long as the preparation is taken cyclically according to the instructions.
    The contraceptive effect of DIANE-35 is based on the interaction of various factors, the most important of which are seen as the inhibition of ovulation and the changes in the cervical secretion. As well as protection against pregnancy, estrogen/progestogen combinations have several positive properties which, next to the negative properties, can be useful in deciding on the method of birth control. The cycle is more regular and the menstruation is often less painful and bleeding is lighter. The latter may result in a decrease in the occurrence of iron deficiency. Apart from this, with the higher-dosed combined oral contraceptives (COCs) containing 50 mcg ethinylestradiol, there is evidence of a reduced risk of fibrocystic tumors of the breasts, ovarian cysts, pelvic inflammatory disease, ectopic pregnancy and endometrial and ovarian cancer. This may also apply to lower-dosed COCs.

1 person likes this.
  7. Nalini32

Nalini32 Bronze IL'ite

A couple years ago I used Diane 35 and few weeks after that when my period came it was very heavy, much heavier than usual. I got so scared, I thought I would die from all that bleeding. After about 12 days then the bleeding stopped. I never used that product again.

8. swethareddy86

Hello Ladies,

Am writing my experience with Diane so that it helps others who want info regarding this pill.Witsend
    As mentioned in my earlier post, IT IS NOT A CONTRACEPTIVE PILL so NEVER TAKE IT WITHOUT PRESCRIPTION.
    My Dermatologist had prescribed Diane 35 as my Acne dint come down with antibiotics & all sorts of gels, creams & lotions, this was the final mission in my acne treatment:bowdown
    I took diane for nearly 10 months & the results were wonderful, my acne reduced & vanished over a period of time, my skin looked radiant & flawless,even the acne scars were gone :wow& yeah my periods were regular too.

However, once i went off the pill, i had a terrible experience. :bang
    My Acne was back, breakouts all over the body
    Skin became oily
    Periods were irregular & had Very heavy bleeding
    Gained lots of weight
    Excessive Hair fall &
    Terrible Mood Swings.

So my Advice to all those who wish to take this pill is NEVER TAKE DIANE,:thumbsdown its good only when you are taking it, Once you are OFF the pill it has many side effects.

9. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Hi swetha, good that you have come & shared your experience which will help others to know about the medicine, treatment & after effects.

Here is an interesting link I came across for curing & preventing acne. Acne Cures - Simple Tips to Cure Your Acne Naturally

For the ailment, body from inside as well as outside should be well cared for. This will help preventing as well as curing it. So watch your diet as well as treat it externally from the bounties available at Nature's Basket. you can google for knowing more simple home remedies too. best wishes.

10. swethareddy86

Thanku Mimur :) will surely go through the link & follow the tips