1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Lesbian: My Partner And I Are Planning To Get Married.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by faithgrime, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations, @faithgrime!

What's the dilemma? Parents are often less than delighted by their kid's choice of life partner. Given time, that almost always changes.

Sandycandy likes this.
  2. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

they are ware of your true identity and still accepted you, I'm sure they will also accept your decision to get married

3. faithgrime

faithgrime Senior IL'ite

My husband and I have many unsettled issues. I just realized that I have also contributed negatively to our relationship. I am my own demons to win, and I'm relieved that I have finally acknowledged my true self. If it's not for an article that I read, I would not have the strength to tell him that ours is over and I need to find my own true love.

GlobetrotterG and GeetaKashyap like this.
  4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Hi!
    If that article is available on the net, could you please post its link here?

5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

OK you are treading murky waters here. First, maybe you should legally divorce before you move on to another relationship (same sex or otherwise).

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Have you just realized that you are a lesbian? Or have you changed your sexual orientation lately?
    Looks like you are legally married and in an heterosexual relationship for a considerable long time. You also have a teen daughter in this relationship, right?

Never mind. Your sexual orientation is your right (subject to the place you live in).
    If you wanna exercise your right, then you should legally divorce your H. Speak to him and convince him by telling your sexual orientation first.
    Then approach a good lawyer to process the divorce case. He/she will guide you how best you could lodge this case.
    Think about your child's custody. Whom do you think would be the best care-taker to your teen girl?
    If you are to fight the legal battle for custody, then you should be careful about revealing your sexual orientation and marriage with your lover. It may backfire depending on where you live. Also, the societal acceptance matters too. Think about it.
    You may reveal it once the legal battle is over or so....

I am not sure whether you still expect your family's and society's acceptance for your marriage. But if so, you must start linking with someone who is reasonable and who can understand your POV.

But I wouldn't advice anyone to end their present marriage just for sex. That too after a long relationship with kids involved. Marriage has got so much than sexual pleasure.
    But it is again depending on the individuals and their own POV. So, I respect it.
    I believe that your marriage suffered many other problems than you being a lesbian... Even if that is not the case, I think your H deserves a good wife too.
    So, better divorce him and if possible give your kid's legal custody to him, so that your route will be easily cleared.
    Good luck

7. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

So you are married before, and now you are in a new relationship? It's kinda confusing really

8. Meenakshii

Meenakshii Senior IL'ite

I am a bit confused about the situation as well, but congratulations! I do hope things work out for you in the coming new year. Where do you live by the way?

GlobetrotterG likes this.