1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Illumination Point

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, May 21, 2017.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

GG, now that is a dubious honour indeed! I hope I don't join the reptilians very soon!!!

GoogleGlass likes this.
  2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

ha ha ha

now that u summoned narayana, he too is an Illuminati having hoarded wealth the real power :)

Doree likes this.
  3. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchitananda,
    Loneliness VS Solitude-
    The matter is one and the same. Perception and interpretation make them look different.In everybody's life there are such phases which we just push off.Wonderful thought process.Very nice.
    Jayasala 42

Doree and satchitananda like this.
  4. satchitananda

5. ojaantrik

ojaantrik IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,

I liked the distinction between loneliness and solitude. You seem to be saying that the bliss of solitude arrives with age. I am wondering then why do older people complain of loneliness. Perhaps there are three stages -- loneliness, solitude and then back again to loneliness.

Regarding time, true enough that my time seems to fly. I know not how. It's turned so problematic that I cannot distinguish between two consecutive days. It appears to me that I am living through a single day, even though daylight fades away into night and then arrives back again. Strangely enough, this does not make any difference. My days have become dateless.

oj-da

6. SharadaIyer

SharadaIyer Senior IL'ite

Ys very true said Satchitananada.

satchitananda likes this.
  7. satchitananda

OJ da, it probably has to do with two types of people - one type who still have not learned to seek their joy within. Their joy probably depends on their ability to control son, bully dil and bring up grandkids now that they are done with bringing up their own. Then when grandkids grow up, go out to school/college/fly the nest, they are left to their own devices and can't handle their own lives.

It would be interesting to watch the next generation of old people do - maybe my generation or the one after mine. Since they have grown up in families with one or max two children, often live in nuclear families with their spouse and kids, if any and I doubt they would have much of a chance to meddle with the lives of their kids, they may not complain of loneliness. We can only wait and watch.

Doree likes this.
  8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Satchi,
    Being an introvert I never feel lonely or get bored. I get bored only when someone talks incessantly without giving a chance to even acknowledge or oppose their views. I have 3/4 relatives and a friend like that.

Though each day has only 24 hours one day flies fast and another day keeps dragging because of our activities or by sitting doing nothing.

There is a difference between loneliness and solitude.
    Solitude is a state of being alone without being lonely and can lead to self-awareness like Ramana Maharishi and other yogis of yester years.
    PS

9. satchitananda

Thanks Sharada.

10. satchitananda

Dear PS Mami, yes, some people can very successfully talk for hours on end about everything and nothing in general without letting another person get a word in sideways. I know one person like that and God, it gives me a headache every time she comes!