ILites from Trichy?

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by romanch61, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dear Padmini Aunty,

That is a nice news !!

With regards..
    Gowri

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Padmini Aunty,
    Nangavaram Store!!!. My dad have talked so much about that place. My dad's uncle lived there. Let me check with him. My athai Smt. Ramani a music teacher also lived in Trichy.

We lived in Srirangam for an year. We really loved that place and we are planning to have our retired life there. God bless us for that.

3. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear rajmi,
    just now saw your mail. i know one music teacher
    Ramani but is she your athai ? which ramani you r talking about? can you pls tell me your father's name? by anyway is your athai conected with the famous ramana store of trichy? i am eagerly waiting for your reply.
    with love
    padmini aunty.

4. hemachidam

hemachidam New IL'ite

HI Padmini amma,

Good to hear that you are from Trichy.My sister studied in SRC.I too got a seat in SRC but I studied in engineering college.So I missed that college really.But I did my entrance coaching in SRC.I can still remember those places.If u want any details about trichy u can ask me becoz all my sis,parents and inlaws are there only.Do u know the area of nangavaram store.
    bye

5. yamusarna

yamusarna Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I am not from trichy, but studied in IG from 97 to 2000 and in REC from 02 to 04.
    I love the place.I like srirangam, malaikottai, uttamar kovil,thiruvanaikaval, samayapuram, vekkali amman koil, uraiyur..........
    I was in a hostel in Andar street during PG and my parents were in thanjavur then.
    Nice to see so many ladies from trichy.My friends used to stay in KK nagar and many were from OFT and HAPP.

Regards,
    Yamuna.

6. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hema, so happy to see your mail.
    i know nangavaram stores. actually we were n the opposite house. i just wanted to contact my old friends. i want to know abt their whereabouts? i want to know about myold lecturers. can you pls help me?
    with love
    aunty.

7. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Padmini Maami,
    aiyo enakku romba pul arikkuthu. Yes, Ramani is associated with Ramana Bakery. All those who were running Ramana Bakery were my grand pa's uncle's sons. My athai married her own uncle. Her mother married my chinna thatha.

The person who was in Nangavaram stores is my dad's second uncle. His name is Siva Subramaniam. He had a son and two daughters. His son Mr. Ramanathan is known as Glaxo Ramanathan. My dad is the youngest of all his cousins. He says he have spent his few holidays there in his uncle's house. His name is Chandrasekhar, sekhar for short. Now I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

RajmiArun

8. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear rajmi,
    soooo glad to see your reply. romba kittakka vandhuuta.
    Mr. sivasubramanian is my dad' friend. my dad is an advocate.V.P.ganesan. above all, my elder sister got married to his brother Mr. sivasankaran's son.
    pls i am not able to get the relationship. pls tell me in detail.
    pls do it immly.sorry for the trouble.
    with love
    pad.

9. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Sankara mama have two sons, one is yogi Vaidhyanath and the other is Sugavaneshwar. To whom your sister got married?

My dad have three uncles. The eldest was an advocate in Madurai and the second one was in Trichy and Sankara Mama was in Madras. My paati is the last but one sister and for a very long time they lived in many places in TN and by 1963 they moved to Chennai and constructed a house in Perungalathur. Is your sister's name Jana (sorry I dont know her full name. I call her Jana Periamma or Jana manni like my dad used to call her).

Ramani is my athai from my dad's dad side.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  10. Anudina

Anudina New IL'ite

Hi Trichians,

Im from BHEL Trichy. I was born when we were in woraiyur,Then moved to BHEL township,Had my schoolings there and moved from township only after dads VRS. Still my parents have put up in shakthi nagar. I would say trichy is the best city which is mix of new and old.
    I miss my days of roaming all the way in mainguardgate with my mom.What we cant get there???? Regarding entertaiment... malaikottai,mukkobhu,kallanai.... Though now its over,during my days maris theater was rocking,ramba oorvasi.... my favorite hotels, potti kadais bakkery for bread sandwich.....oh oh..

I miss my city....