1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Il - Hall Of Fame - Celebration

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Upon noticing accidentally in my name banner a new title “IL HALL OF FAME” , I went through the milestones record and my LIKES count approaching 4500 today . To celebrate and commemorate this momentous occasion on this historical memorable Day (to-day of Chinese President Xi Jinping and Indian PM Modi meeting in Chennai visiting Mahabalipuram at 5 p.m.), I re-post my Maiden winning post

:hello: Tight Schedule - Spouse, Rat and ’Craft. :hello:

HOME-WORK” before attending a business conference at Madras now Chennai on the following afternoon, had kept me awake till late hours. The flight was scheduled around noon. I woke up, as I felt a thud on my chest. Thinking it was impact from her arm and so I cheerfully rolled up but alas on the wrong side of the cot! Bed-side clock was blinking 07:00. In dim light, I saw a thin greyish tapering tail, partly visible at the bottom of my spouse’s semi-closed wardrobe, whence I realised the impact was that of rat falling on my chest. I rushed out chaotically to fetch milk pouches from three floors down. When I returned, found babaand spouse both asleep without any stir.

Finished with morning chores, I sat in balcony to study business conference papers. Coffee-flavour, wafting from behind heralded approach of my expectant wife transferring steaming fluffy coffee from one container to another. While she handed it over to me, we heard intermittent gnawing noise from her wardrobe. She “smelled the rat” as a woman could, the presence of a rat inside it; nervous she was, commanded that I don’t leave home until the rat was caught and disposed off.

I was thinking of business conference about which still there were some lose ends. She switched off the revolving bedroom- fan, gathered our half asleep boy, held him on to her bosom sat over the brim of the cot and as afterthought she moved to adjacent room.

I made calculated moves to smack but rat seemed to possess better expertise to dodge, it exercised me to dive, dance, hop and jump all at once which provided delectable joy to wife and baba watching from adjacent room.

I was bathed with sweat and panting, yet I pretended to be indefatigable. I had decided to bite the bullet; the intelligent rat moved zigzag and finally the rascal entered into the kitchenette.

My wife was kind enough to hand over the cob-web stick and the new hard broom. With cob-web stick on my left and the right gripping the broom, nonchalantly like a stiff soldier, I was closing in. I haphazardly struck the kitchen utensils, steel racks and other articles around producing a symphony in disharmony while I hopped in x y z directions. My boy held over her hip, watching from a distance without winking, started to chortle in amusement.

My boy spotted it and shown the direction by lifting hand toward ss kitchen- sink which was overflowing with cooking utensils with previous night leftover food. We jointly looked at it from afar. The rascal rat was trying to swim out of pressure cooker that was half-filled; cooker lid was half covering it. While I stood perplexed, my wife from behind holding baba on her left hip turned courageous came to the forefront stunned me by doing an adventurous act; she smartly glided the handle of the lid with her right hand resulting in cooker shut-tight. The rat got trapped. It was moment of eureka for her more than I. But precisely that was the moment I felt enervated.

In a stern voice she said, henceforth the very sight of this cooker would be despicable and ordered (!) that I should carry the rat-pressure cooker and throw it enroute airport. She needed an immediate replacement. Opposite our building there was shopping mall and in the next one hour we could get new one on exchange price. As extension of service, he obliged to let out the rat into a manhole closer to his shop.

Cursing the rat, I hurried to airport to catch the flight but I couldnot make it before the ‘show-time’. Disappointed I was, I rat around the lounge evaluating other options and exited after half an hour. I heard multiple explosions at a distance. I had u-turned into the lounge area. I heard at far corner, a group of persons crying and sobbing. Few minutes before they stood near the barrier, all looking up waving off the Madras (now Chennai) bound Caravelle flight carrying their kins.

I heard later, after successful take off, the flight attempted emergency landing, plummeted over a height of 300 feet and crashed on the runway. I got dazed.

It was, then, I recalled my grandmother’s oft-coated essence from Bhagavatgeetha that whatever happened, happened for good. Whatever is happening is happening for the good... and whatever will happen that will be for good as well.

GOD determines attitude at right altitude and vice versa.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    satchitananda, Amica, Rihana and 7 others like this.

2. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Congratulations sir :number_one::thumbup: Glad to read this article again :lol:

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations....
    What's going to happen henceforth ?

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  4. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats for promoting to IL hall of fame :blush:
    Omg so indirectly rat saved your life.
    “Everything happens for a reason”

Thyagarajan likes this.
  5. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

:clap2::clap2:

I'm amazed reading this ! And remembered your petrol pump incident too.

Narration is very good.

And congratulations on your new badge and the likes. Did you notice the badge today?
    From the day the red badge of finest post winner vanished - this has been your badge. If I'm observing it correctly.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

The moral of the story: You can't win the rat race.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Thyagarajan

:hello:Enigmatic. Would you mind elaborating your query.
    Thanks and Regards.

8. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thanks for your response. Glad that you could remember to associate this post with another.
    2. You are right. It vanished two days back but today I thought of celebrating it with my reaching another milestone. Hence the re-post.
    Regards.

Anusha2917 likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:Thank you for the wishes and reading the post again.
    Regards.

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations bro

Thyagarajan likes this.