1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If You Share This Your Wishes Will Be Fulfilled

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Feb 22, 2017.

1. MKeerthi

MKeerthi Bronze IL'ite

Similar to many here, I just ignore those forwards. Also I hate that threatening part of it, If we are already in the pressure of some inevitable things those messages will added stress.
    If everyone stops to forward, in no time these stupidity will go off.

About the bribing to god, I feel the same in the means of Money or any kind of donation to god, GOD accepts only our faith and dedication rest all goes to people of temple.
    Generally my mom has a practice if we pray for anything particularly to god. She will do some offerings and practices out of Temple.

Like if she prays for anything related to job and it got solved, in the next salary she asks us to pay for needy, as we have live in a small colony with people financially poor than us we do it for the people there. Post marriage my husband also follows the same.

satchitananda likes this.
  2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear @MKeerthi,
    Thanks for stepping in and posting your comments.
    Glad to know that your family prefers to help the needy when your wish is fulfilled by praying to God.
    PS

MKeerthi likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Another new trend on social media which is irritating is "I am watching to see how many of you are reading a message without a pic till the end and if you do, please leave a like and copy and paste to your own wall so I can do the same for you"! This is often done just to 'see how many are reading', to 'raise awareness and support for cancer victims' etc.

Or if you are a right minded person, then type 'amen' and forward!!!

Have no clue why anyone has to do such things. Anyone wanting to do anything for any cause would do so irrespective of such threats and blackmailing language.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear PS madam,
    I never share these kinds of shares. One more kind also is there which say "if you love your mother share this. If you love son or daughter share thidhi. Who does not love mother or so or daughter? Do we have to share it with five or 20 people!!!! It sounds silly.
    But I admit one thing.....if something is beyond control , if somebody is sick or appeared for a deciding exam.....I do pray to God and in my mind I mark a vow that I would visit temple and when I go to temple I would give coconut, flowers etc anyway. That hives me solace.
    Syamala

5. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Satchi,
    I just ignore these kind of posts and just move on. Mostly we are all aware of cancer. In fact my sister had breast cancer and in the year 2009 she had undergone the surgery. Just a few months before that she came to Chennai and she told me that she was having a lump and in her breast and she was not able to lift her hand above shoulder to comb her hair. As my bil was employed in Railway I told her to go to railway hospital as soon as she goes back to Hyderabad. But she went only later when she had some other health problem. Then she was diagnosed and the surgery was done and she had chemotheraphy also. Now she is having only age related problems.
    PS

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    satchitananda likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear shyamala,
    Really it looks silly if we see these posts.
    If something is beyond our control we have to pray to Almighty only. Prayer gives solace to the mind and implicit faith in God has its effect.

joylokhi likes this.
  7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Sorry for the delayed reply due to overlook. Each one choose according to their perception in praying or giving offerings to God. There is no specific rule for this and if we do it sincerely with full faith the result will be always good.

PS

8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Reg prarthanas even thieves give nearly 30% of the loot to Balaji of Thirumala.Perhaps they too have a justification since stealing is their prime job and Hundi receives their earnings,though unethical.

jayasala 42

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Jaya,
    Stealing can never be justified as a job and there is an adage 'pala naal thirudan oru naal akapaduvaan'.
    PS

10. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Madam,

Your post reminded me of an incident that happened so many years back. I was very naive then. One evening i received a paper in my post box. It was a printed sheet saying something about Kalki being born and had attacked a priest in Dharmasthala etc. The priest had died. I do not remember the exact wordings, but it said if i do not post this to 150 people then bad luck will follow me and i will be similarly killed.

I was terrorised by this and quickly went to the photo copy shop and took 150 copies and went from door to door and put this in everyones post box. Some houses had big dogs and barked when i neared the gate. It took me lots and lots of walk to cover so many houses. Some people probably thought i was a sales girl or something and shut their door on my face.

When i told everyone what i did they laughed so much and called me crazy to believe this.

I too laugh when i think of this and quickly delete any chain messages i receive

Regards
    Uma