If it's love, it's now...!

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by pooja, Mar 25, 2006.

1. pooja

pooja New IL'ite

A story for the folks who stay away from our loved ones in India (like me!) to remember! We keep saying that we will go back to India next year, but keep postponing that for some reason or other.

<TT>A man stopped at a flower shop to order some flowers to be wired to his </TT><TT>mother who lived two hundred miles away. </TT><TT>As he got out of his car he noticed a young girl sitting on the curb </TT><TT>sobbing. </TT>
    <TT></TT>
    <TT></TT><TT>He asked her what was wrong and she replied, "I wanted to buy a red rose for </TT><TT>my mother. </TT><TT>But I only have seventy-five cents, and a rose costs two dollars." </TT><TT>The man smiled and said, "Come on in with me. I'll buy you a rose. </TT><TT>"</TT><TT>He bought the little girl her rose and ordered his own mother's flowers.</TT>
    <TT></TT>
    <TT></TT><TT>As they were leaving he offered the girl a ride home.</TT><TT>She said, "Yes, please! You can take me to my mother."</TT><TT>She directed him to a cemetery, where she placed the rose on a freshly dug </TT><TT>grave.</TT>

<TT></TT><TT>The man returned to the flower shop, canceled the wire order, picked up a </TT><TT>bouquet and drove the two hundred miles to his mother's house.</TT>

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

though this is a old forward it still strikes a cord....must visit mothers more often...regards sunkan

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2006
  3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Pooja,
    That was a good one....i guess all of us need to take time off to be with our loved ones more often.....nothing can replace the love of a mother...all of us know that , but the way we show it is what matters!

good reminder.....thanks for posting it....

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Pooja-good one

Pooja,

That was a good story. Mrs Chitvish had also analysed it in Indusladies. And her write- up was very good too.

It is so true that we tend to send cards and gifts by wire on Mother's birthdays, etc. Such a story makes us take a pause and rethink.

Share more such stories.

cheers
    Vidya