1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If I were a Butterfly...!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by AbhiSing, Mar 13, 2009.

1. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Hi Abhi,

Such a nice post. Enjoyed every word of it :rotfl

As a child I always wanted to become a doctor. I guess every child dreams of giving injections, checking the patient with a stethoscope, scribbling on prescriptions etc., I had a "Doctor-Doctor" play set too bonk

Then I wanted to become a teacher and correct all the answer sheets of my students :crazy Then I wanted to become a carnatic musician but my curriculum in college didn't allow me to proceed. Rant

As a child, my husband had a dream of becoming a bus driver Big Laugh

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  2. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhargavi

Thanks for sharing your dreams and your children's aspirations. My best wishes for you all.

Well I too am a homemaker at present and as you know, the toughest profession in this world.
    Like most of the Kids, I see that yours too want to follow their Life Heroe's (father's ) profession. Once I wanted to be an Auditor like my appa...but my affair with maths is not always the best...and so somehow auditing escaped from me:rotfl.
    And I feel that if you could not become a psychiatrist...you can pursue psychology and become a psychologist instead, which is also into treating minds. My best wishes...It is never too late.

As for me...lately I want to learn singing...but don't know when I will take the necessary steps.

3. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Sirisha,

Thanks for sharing yours and your husband's dreams.

Same pinch. I too had a Doctor doll presented to me by one of Amma's colleague after his trip to Malaysia. I think I had it from the age of 3 and at that time the doll was taller than me . We were inseparable and I used to talk to her a lot. Still it is in my Grandma's place. Thanks for rekindling the memories of those dreamy days.

So What are you today? I guess you are a software professional??!

4. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

Dear AbhiSing,
    A nice article on childhood dreams.A Doctor couple's only son wanted to be a policeman.My doctor friend used to comment on what was in store for him.Today the boy is a well known doctor,paediatric cardiologist.Of late my grand son,5 years old wants to be a petrol pump attendant.That is the joy of being a child.
    Regards
    LAKSHIMINARAYANAN

5. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Dear Abhi,

You are right....I was a software professional :)....Right now Iam in the role of a house wife and I dream to get back to my software professional job soon...:bowdown

6. jaijui0

jaijui0 Senior IL'ite

hello viji,
    nice write up!
    I wanted to be a fly on the wall in Bollywood stars' homes ..ha ha to hear what Hritik Roshan was saying or see what Aishwarya Rai was doing .
    I'm embarassed to reveal it now ..but what the heck !! :)
    jaijui

7. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear LN Sir,

A pleasure to have you here and thank you for your feedback.
    Childhood dreams...should become aspirations to be achieved in reality isn't it? I can understand your grandson's dreams, since it is fascinating to watch them fill up the tanks.

Regarding the doctor...many of the doctors in our country, if the couple are doctors, inadvertently, want their offspring to study medicine and to be the heir apparent for their nursinghome. The otherside is the kid seeing his/her parents would've aspired to follow their footsteps.

Sorry for the belated reply.

8. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Hi Sirisha,

Best wishes for you to get back to the jobstream. Good Luck:thumbsup. May your dreams come true!

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Jai,

Accept my apologies for replying so late. (I am into my hibernating mode)

Very nice to meet you here, this is our first interaction. Thank you for the feedback.

What the heck!! So you and I dream to be the same species- A fly and a butterfly. We can join hands(wings) to visit the Bollywood. hahaha. I liked your reply. Thanks.

10. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear butterfly,
    your dream has been fulfilled. my dream was ( shall i say 40 yrs ago) to become a a dancing queen. eventhough, i have not learnt dance, i do have apassion for that. i want to becoma adancer like Padma Subramanian. i was able to achieve that in name only. yes, I became Padmini subramanian.:) that is all. even now i cannot resist. i am getting satisfaction by dancing in our family functions.
    with love
    pad.