Ideas on making Best out of Waste!

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by VrittiK, Jun 18, 2012.

1. VrittiK

VrittiK Senior IL'ite

Hi,

We are having a campaign in our school to use the waste products to make the best and useful thing.

I have a couple of ideas which I'll share with you. If anyone has some other good ideas, kindly share the same.

1) To take small small boxes like empty heeng dibbis, or other empty chocolate boxes, cover them up and decorate them with glittery and stone stuff and use it to store little little daily routine things like rubber bands, safety pins, coins etc.

2) A decorative item from a coconut shell. We can take a half coconut shell, cover it with crape paper and ribbons and decorate it and then use it as a decorative item in the living room or for again storing small small things.

If anyone has any other ideas kindly share.
    Thanks

Admin note: Read our feature on the subject: How to Get the Best Out Of Waste

2. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

Hey

U can take old bottle caps, add melted wax & wig in it & let it cool. U have small candles which can be decorative in the living room.

will get back if I think of something more creative ideas.

3. MansiS

MansiS Bronze IL'ite

[FONT=&amp]Hi,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Here’s a very nice idea to make best out of waste and which can be fun for children to see and build. It is a “Walnut Boat”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]Things you require: [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The shell of half a walnut, varnish, brush, a used stamp, a toothpick, fevicol, sand and water[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]How to make it:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]1. Clean and dry the walnut shell. Apply a coat of varnish with the help of a brush and leave it to dry.
    2. Fill the walnut shell with sand and sprinkle just enough water to make it damp.
    2. Stick an old stamp at one end of the toothpick.
    3. Fix the other end of the toothpick in the sand.[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
    Your walnut boat is ready for sailing.[/FONT]

4. namrathamorab

namrathamorab Gold IL'ite

You can use the small plastic bottles, drill in some holes and attach them to a series of diodes and use it as a side table lighting idea.

I have used the aluminum foil's roles (the card board on which the foil is wrapped) halved them and bound them to make a small flower holder.

5. RiddhimaT

RiddhimaT Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I had made a penguin from an egg shell by taking its material out from the pointed side by making a hole, then make it stand, paint it half black, let it remain white from front side. Use eye droper's cap, paint the pointed end with red to make beak and rest with black. Now fix it on another pointed end of egg shell.

Also, u can make barbell with 2 empty small water bottles.
    step-1 take 2 empty plastic mineral water bottles,1cardboard roll like we find in center of aluminium foil,tape,sand.
    step-2 fill bottles with sand(half/full),close tightly with cap.
    step-3 take roll push bottles cap inside the both ends of roll,tape it properly,covered the roll with decorative paper. Now your barbell is ready, u can use this as weight lifter too.

All the very best!!

6. Moumita1

Moumita1 Silver IL'ite