1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for wedding return gift: requested

Discussion in 'Knitting & Crochet' started by Vidu29, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,
    I want to "create" some thing innovative as return gift for my nephew's wedding. Can you creative ladies suggest something that can be made in bulk quickly.
    Awaiting your ideas
    vidya

2. shel_28

shel_28 Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidu,
    I think you can check "Gift ideas" thread posted by me. In that you can find wedding favor gift ideas. Based on that run your creativity.

3. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Hi shel_28,
    Thank you for your long list of gift ideas.... but I am looking for useful gifts personally made by me that could be given to the sp guests as return gift. something like the jewel box decorated by viji ma'am. I was planning those miniature paintings I made ... But would like to have some more ideas,
    vidya

4. pai

pai Gold IL'ite

Hi Vidya.....

How about decorating a photo frame and presenting it along with a foto of the couple inserted within....??
    or a decorated knick-knack/jewellery box packed with sweets....?
    or a small clock---just paint warli pictures on a small ,square veneer frame and have the dial,movement fitted in.....??!
    good Luck!!

5. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vidya,

Have a look at my thread "Satin Ribbon garlands". These are quite easy to make and you can do so many in a single day.
    Let me know if you are interested and I can always help you more.

1 person likes this.
  6. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Thank you sudha & pai,
    I think I like pai's idea of the clock & jewel box. Let me see what I end up making...
    vidya

7. sumimusik

sumimusik Senior IL'ite

Go to your Glass Frame person...get him to frame a thicker glass or sandwich 2 thin glasses...u can even add a material in between...Buy 2 handles...It becomes a different kind of tray...that u have made yourself and a very useful one too...
    Have a nice time...I have always tried to do something different when it comes to personalized gifts...
    Enjoy yourself...
    sumi

8. rillida

rillida New IL'ite

Hello

1. Returning a Wedding Gift
    2. Step 1
      Keep the gift receipt if one is enclosed with the gift. Check the return policy on the receipt and follow the instructions.
    3. Step 2
      Keep the tag on the gift. Don't open the package if you are not keeping the gift.
    4. Step 3
      Go to the store where the gift was purchased. If you have the receipt, you should not have a problem returning the gift. If you don't have the receipt, you probably can exchange the gift for store credit.
    5. Step 4
      Contact a store manager if you are having problems returning a wedding gift. Even though most stores have return policies in place, managers will try to work with you on returning wedding gifts.
    6. Step 5
      Send a thank you note to the person who gave the gift, even though you have returned it. Don't mention that you have returned the gift.
    Thanks
    Have a nice time a head.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  9. pai

pai Gold IL'ite

hi Vidya...
    i have posted a Clock i made in the Paintings forum ...do check it out.....u can use this idea on a small, cane basket that you get for Rs.10-15 each.

10. Vidu29

Vidu29 Gold IL'ite

Hi sumimusik,
    your idea is interesting. will try that too.:bowdown Infact many of my paintings could fit into that idea too thank you. (instead of simply framing & making it a wall hanging alone)
    Hi rillida,
    I wasn't asking for ideas to "return" any particular gift. Sorry. I was asking for ideas to make gifts
    Hi pai,
    I saw your clock. Cool man. Have been planning to try that. In fact i bot the clock assembly also but didn't try it. I think I will do it now.
    vidya