1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas for packing lunch for kids - daycare / school goers

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by alamu, Sep 4, 2007.

1. cha1

cha1 Junior IL'ite

Re: Out of ideas

Thanks for all those ideas and tips.yesterday i packed my daughter's lunch at 7:30 am in a 'tupperware' container thinking that the food would be warm by noon. But no, the vapor from the warm food made the cutlets soggy :( dunno how she might have ate those soggy pieces. Any ideas how to prevent the packed lunch from getting soggy?

2. asha_ram

asha_ram Silver IL'ite

Re: Out of ideas

hi

You can roll cutlets,chappathi,dosa etc in aluminium foil.it will be a little warmer. but dont pack immediately after cooking. leave it for 2 mins and then pack.hope this helps.

3. vaneshree

vaneshree New IL'ite

hi everyone....,
    i got some nice recipe froom all of you.... thanks

i'm on vege for 1 month ( purathasi )... i really out of ideas for my lunch & dinner.... i can't take thosa & capathi every day right !!!..... give me some delicious & easy recipes ....

4. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Hi

My son doesnt eat fruits. He is 2.5yrs old. If I force him to take fruits, He does all dramas or start crying. How to cultivate habit of eating fruits. Any suggestion

5. sangea

sangea Silver IL'ite

Try fruit custard

6. vinayaji

vinayaji Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    here is recipe which he never refuse!
    fruit cream,
    take full fat cream ( for kids only :) ) add little bit of sugar and vanilla essence
    then take glass, add fruit bits ( strawberry apple banana kiwi orange pinaple ...... )
    pour cream on it and finally garnish it with alphonso mango puree.
    I'm sure he will finish it! :)
    and its really very very healthy!

7. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

8. catherine54

catherine54 New IL'ite

wow that's great information, so I can try out the ideas of the mothers.
    Thank you.
    sorry if my english is not good.

regards,

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2012
  9. cdipanjan

cdipanjan New IL'ite

1. Ask your son / daughter what his/her friends bring in school and among them which he/she wants to have. Prepare it one day and give it to him/her and see whether he/she likes it or not and then go accordingly.
    2. Sometimes kids become moody and would like to eat what his/other friend eats
    3. Need to understand what he/she likes to eat - remember thar after putting an item in the tiffin box and eating it after 3.5 hrs, the taste of the food may be different and may not remain crispy.
    4. 4 pieces of cashew, 10 pieces of kismis, one piece of his favourite biscuit, one piece of chocolate, cake slices, soft french toast, dry sweet, suji halua, among rice and chapati/parathas - you need to understand what she/he would like and prepare accordingly
    5. If she/he finishes her/his lunch or snacks in school, then sometimes reward her/him by praising, taking to her/his favourite food joint

10. anjlina

anjlina New IL'ite

it is really a useful forum. it is a big issue for moms what to pack daily. my boys like fries either it is french fries or chicken. but now they are getting bored of it. i am also looking for more recipes and this is a great thread to share the ideas. kids like junk food and moms has to cook something very tasty that could be equivalent to junk in taste and more in nutritious.