1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I'd Buddha Didn't Get Food Poisoning Would He Still Be Alive Today

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by ChennaiExpress, Dec 10, 2017.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Unsure if this goes under spirituality.

My Dad and I visit same Primary Care Doctor. He tried to explain Hus current health to the Doctor and I was assisting him.

When it was my turn to see same Dictor I was alone and quiet.

Eventually I opened up and said just because person gets old doesn't mean to accept all illnesses. I am trying to help my Dad fix these problems.

And then I mentioned to Dictor that Buddha live long healthy life without physical ailments but I got the feeling that Doctor wasn't as familiar either Buddha as, say Indians or Chinese.

The IL is posting ad for end of life hospice that respects your culture and puts photo of aged Chinese man along with Chinese caretaker.

Question. If Buddha was never poisoned would he still be alive today? According to Hinduism we get body based in our Karmas yet Buddha broke away from his Karmas and got enlightenment.

So if he broke out of Katmas he would maintain his youthful, healthy body even 2500 years later.

Someone please clarify.

2. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

With so much on your plate right now, it is but natural to think of death/enlightenment etc.
    My opinion is that there are no immortals. period.
    I am unsure why you are making a reference to hospice here. Is dad at that stage? From what you wrote, it didnt seem like it.

3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Hospice?

Oh, no no, I wasn't mentioning this.

God no!

When my Dad visits Doctor, I stay with him to help clarify anything he is explaining. Lot of time he forgets to mention things to Doctor, so I bring up the important issues.

1st priority is to keep Dad home.

Home Sweet Home.

No immortals? Meaning that Buddha still would have "died", i.e. left his body, even if he never got food poisoning?

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

according to me, yes. he would have left his body regardless.

ChennaiExpress likes this.
  5. Benadryl

Benadryl Silver IL'ite

Once you realise that this body is only a vehicle which the mind uses for the souls enlightenment (via breath in Buddhas ways) you will see the body is no longer needed if you are enlightened. If Buddha taught people - did he desire to teach ? If he had desire, was he really free ? He wouldn't initiate women because women had menstrual cycles. Could he have taught a different technique to women ? If he didn't know how to make women attain enlightenment, was he fully enlightened himself ? I hope they aren't too many questions.

These days all these gurus want to educate you about something or the other, just the fact they have this want makes them irrelevant. If you have desire, you have ego. If you have ego you haven't realised. The desire to attain enlightenment itself dissolves the moment 'it' happens.

A lot of souls nearing enlightenment therefore confine their bodies to isolation of the mountains or the forests.
    If one can alter the length of telomere one can live forever : Telomere length in early life predicts lifespan

If Swami Vivekananda didn't die of infections, could he have lived longer ? Couldn't these great masters just 'will' themselves out of sickness ? They seemed to have healed a lot of people. Couldn't they heal themselves. Sounds like a whole lot of baloney to me.