1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Went Through And I Am Going Through Hell With Mil Fil--please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by shubham123, Jan 17, 2017.

Should I leave or not

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

Why think of divorce soo fast... R u soo sure you cannot tackle them.. in laws attitude is a common attitude of most in laws. Ignoring is the only option than replying. While u start ignoring they may also stop taunting. Concentrate on ur life with H. Make him feel he is special to u. Don't say any bad abt his parents , avoid conversation abt thm..
    Just try all possibilities to make ur life happier.
    If nothing is working then keep a time limit and plan to relocate. But I strongly feel you can make ur life a little more better with patience.
    Wishing you good luck

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

How many is a "few" ? If you think that is bound to happen, don't waste money on a divorce. I dont believe in jyoshya business. So, my advice would be to learn how to get a divorce in the location where you live. Various states require various periods of residency, periods of latency when you just wait till your case gets decided, etc..

Many become economic dependents on their spouses, and many are also dependent on their spouses for their legal immigration status in USA. A legal separation or a divorce can put them in a sticky situation with both of these. Lack of money, and lack of legal-status-to-stay-&-work are both troublesome. When your situation could be tenuous if you act, the cost of speaking out would be higher than shutting up. Calculate, and act wisely. No need to talk.

3. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shubham,

I may be wrong in my current response but as a reader I am putting forth my point.
    Marriage is something which is confined to a wife and her husband.
    Sadly, in India it includes every possible person from both sides - a few, out of their personal relationship with either wife or husband; a few others - wife of husband bringing them in the name of seeking advice.
    Either ways, too many cooks ruin the dish.

You being honest and open does not have to mean several people in your conflicts. Choose on wise relative and include him/her in your issues. Your H might be looking at your way of involving several people in your issues
    as not so nice attitude. Not too many people need to know that things are not smooth between you and your H. Maybe your H did not like it much and would have decided that you share everything to a lot of people.
    Being honest is one thing, being honest and harsh is another.

You mentioned that you talk a lot and also faced problems because of that. Did you ever in a fit of talk, ended up badmouthing your in-laws or husband to someone and they came back and disclosed everything to your H and in-laws with some garnishing of some lies and some drama and you are not aware of this ?

Your issues are not too little to take everything easy nor are they so big that the only way out is divorce or walking out of this marriage.

Remember its very easy to give up on things which are difficult to resolve. That doe snot mean there is no way out. For now the way out is to ignore your in-laws and show some TLC to your relationship with our husband.

shubham123 likes this.
  4. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

I am not well versed with astrology but use some common sense. It might predict lifespan but how can it predict how one will die? You have a medical issue at home. Meet a counselor first.

sbonigala likes this.
  5. dnormx01

dnormx01 Gold IL'ite

Tagging @madras2018 here. Please suggest OP a way out.

6. madras2018

madras2018 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks @dnormx01

Op - let me begin by asking a few questions
    I need your self professed honesty to come forth in your response.
    • What is your (not husband's) monthly income at your job. Pls specify a range. Eg 3k - 5k, 5k - 7k, etc.
    • Do you have kid(s) ?
    • How old are you ?
    • Most important - with absolute honesty pls answer, if someone close to you funds your divorce lawyer or your lawyer fees are magically taken care of, are you ready to pack your bags tomorrow ? Do not ponder on how or who. Just focus on answerng the question of are you truly prepared to leave. If not pls specify why.
    • If you set aside inlaw problems, are you comfortable with your life with your husband ?

7. shubham123

shubham123 New IL'ite

• I am unable to respond to questions above, says inappropriate content. How do i reply age salary etc. in via reply message. Thanks.

8. shubham123

shubham123 New IL'ite

I agree our marriage is not just us, it involved fil mil causing troubles whenever they could.

Here is why I had to ask so many people for help. Several times H just said he will leave and in another instance FIL MIL told him to leave me. H was ready to do that. I had no one to help. My parents tried to convince and beg them by going to their parents house in India. It didnt help. I had to ask someone who knows him and I know it is painful but I had no other way around to stay in the relationship. H did not pick calls.. I did whatever I could do although it might have hurt mans ego. I did what was in my hands to keep the relationship..

Because I confront if I ever bad mouthed them it was directly to FIL MIL and H. Anything that I said was always to them on their face. What could have happened is involving so many people in our relationship might have caused some of them to add some masala? I am not sure. All I wanted and tried in the past was to save the relationship.

9. shubham123

shubham123 New IL'ite

Below are my responses:

I think I was able to respond by deleting the questions.

The replies are in the order asked:
    3-5
    No
    your bags tomorrow ? Still thinking about it. I dont know what to do with life.? Yes and no..

Do not ponder on how or who. Just focus on answering the question of are you truly prepared to leave. If not pls specify why. No because IL are the only problem I have If you set aside inlaw problems, are you comfortable with your life with your husband ? Yes. But they will not let live and leave us alone. They are mentally counselling him daily for the past couple of years over the phone and I know it.. Given that their other kid is mentally retarded their only source of income is H. They complain that I dont call FIL MIL.. I used to but they lied to H that I didnt call. H saw all call logs but still had to support then because of constant pesteuring. I got vexed and put forth my stand and said i wont call period. I tried and it is not helping me. There are several instances where I confronted them directly because of injustice and IL hate me. H always supports them. I dont know what to do really.. They give missed calls to H if he doesnt call. They lie to me when I ask them saying H is not calling them often..
    H is upset that I am not in touch with them. They wont leave me or H alone. They will continue to chase even my dead body.

10. shubham123

shubham123 New IL'ite

I agree. Horoscopes have nothing to do with how we live. Also I agree that FIL should not have shared horoscope death predictions to H. but unfortunately he did?