1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I wanted to bring smile on other's face but others brought smile on my face today

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 11, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Today morning I just wrote that I am happy to see smile on other's faces in snippets. But on the contrary others brought smile on my lips today. I am so happy that my day started with surprises, compliments etc.

Today morning I was just wearing my saree when I got a call from Kantha. I was so surprised to receive her call. Felt very happy talking to her.

Then I went to pay the electricity bill. Since we have just come to a new place I did not know where the shop is to pay the bill. Luckily I got the shop and gave the cheque to the girl who was sitting at the counter. While she was giving me the receipt she gave me a lovely smile. Usually the peopel who sit at the counter dont easily give a smile. I wasvery happy and told the girl thank you for the loely smile. I liked it. She said I like you aunty. Oh I was in the seventh heaven. Being a Leo I feel very happy when someone compliments me. I told her we have just come here to stay. She said thats why I thought I have never seen you here. I told her have a nice day and she also wished the same.

Then I went to meet my close friend who stays near my old house. She was very happy to see me. I had worn the saree given by her for her daughter's birthday. I told her about the girl who complimented me and told her I dont know whether she likes me because of this saree or vice versa. If it is the saree then thanks to you I told her.

As usual we chatted for a long time and she made my stomach full by giving me Semiya upma, Gulab jamun and juice.

So today my day has been very good since morning. Hope I am able to bring a smile on my daughter's face also soon.