1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I want to learn Hindi

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by sangi91, Mar 7, 2015.

1. sangi91

sangi91 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am sangeetha, 22yrs old, just new to dubai and working for 6months..I want to learn hindi. I knw just basic..I am tamil and I knw English, Telugu very well...Please any hindi girls for only good friendship...can contact me...

1 person likes this.

2. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

ha ha ha I am in same boat but i can't learn other language learning Hindi is must to manage taxi driver.. most of the drivers are speaking hindi it is too difficult to manage them :):) lot of funny incidents happen in my life :):)

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I am here to join you guys... I work with Pakistani Asylum cases. They speak Urdu, and I heard Hindi is similar to Urdu. If anyone could teach me the basics by casual discussions here, it would be more fun.

2 people like this.
  4. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

you are great

You learned urdu :):)

5. sangi91

sangi91 New IL'ite

Hi all,

Thanks for your post...There are many good things by sharing languages coz, we are running in rapid global..so we have to learn many languages and knowledge to make our life easy and smooth.. So I am looking for good friends to teach me Hindi for speaking, as well I can teach them my language also.

Hav a nice day friends..

Thanks & Regards,
    Sangeetha

6. VanithaSudhir

VanithaSudhir Platinum IL'ite

I speak Hindi quite well. But how can I help you.. I don't live in UAE.
    Any language, we need to understand the semantics of the language. That can be achieved only by listening to that language. Children learn the semantics of the language.. That is why they learn to speak by just listening to us.
    You can start watching Hindi Movies..or Serials..preferably with sub titles as a first step. Can learn online.. with translation and attempt to speak in privacy first and then with a friend who can understand.
    Learning a language shouldn't be difficult. I don't know to read or write Telugu or Malayalam. But i can speak Telugu fluently and Malayalam to some extent. (though i understand fully). I understand Kannada and Marathi also. I didn't learn them by reading through online or any books.
    But just by listening to my neighbors and my friends talking. . And I attempt to think in that language.. whenever i want to talk those friends. Started talking incorrectly and slowly got fluent.. Of course, i still get teased.. (That is a different story)

1 person likes this.
  7. sangi91

sangi91 New IL'ite

Hi Vanitha....Thanks for your reply...Of course I agreed u....I am watching more hindi movies and songs to understand...no prblm i knw basics but i want to learn as speaking level affluent.. I am looking for friends in UAE or other countries ..no prblm..we can share our language..

1 person likes this.