1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Want To Fall On You Like Rain

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by blackbeauty84, Nov 12, 2018.

1. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Drizzles dropped on her face when she was walking towards café. Breeze played with her hair. Petrichor enhanced the evening and out of blue she remembered him. Years back, it was on one such evening she met him. The need to meet him that moment was so intense that she called him despite knowing he wouldn’t like that.

‘Siddharth…’

‘Yes..tell me’ answered the rough voice. She should have known better than to call him at these hours. Those were days when they were working in the same office, he understood her needs without expressing it. Things changed, he moved out from the office and more importantly she got married which put everything else to backseat.

‘I want to meet you..I mean look at the weather, reminds me of day we met..’ she said hesistantly.

‘Varsha.. I promised my family I will come early today. I simply can’t .’ he said and disconnected the call.

Grumpily she made her way to café. Tears brimmed in her eyes. As if he alone has a family.. Familiar waitress came near her and smiled.

‘Hey what’s wrong? Whatever it is I know what would make you alright..Choclate soufflé and a strong cup of coffee. Cheer up dear such a pleasant weather to be sad.’ Waitress said cheerfully.

Her mobile rang and it was Siddharth.

‘You got me. I will come in half an hour. Our place?’ he asked.

Our place- This café was their special place. It was where he first saw her on a similar rainy day. But over last few years she visited it alone muddling over the memories.

Years before on the day they met, She was reading ‘The wasteland’ by T.S Eliot when he passed on a poem through a waitress.

I want to fall on you like rain
    upon a wildflower
    …………..

………….
    When I fall on my knees for you
    A flower in the rain.

‘Your poem?’ she was in awe of the poem and the poet.

‘No..borrowed from internet. Want to make a good first impression. I’m Siddharth.’ He said sitting before her. He could see she was not getting impressed.

‘Such an odd book to read. English student?’ he asked.

‘No. I love reading poems when it pours..You would not understand.’ She said making no effort in conversation.

Siddharth who never had the habit of giving up, pursued her relentlessly and with double intense when he discovered they were working in same office. Eventually she fell for him.

Aroma of coffee and chocolate soufflé brought her to present. She painfully remembered this was what she had when they broke up. Siddharth arrived late blaming it to traffic.

‘I don’t know what made me come. We both know we must not be meeting like this.’ Siddharth declared to her annoyance. Seeing her anger he then declared ‘mm.. I’m sorry, same weather as that day right? That’s what made me come.’ He said softly ‘ what was the poem I wrote for you?’ he said straining his memory to remember it.

‘You just copied..I remember it I want to fall on you like rain upon a wildflower’ she started reciting it.

To her annoyance she received call from her mother in law demanding when she would be home.

‘Better switch it off..’ he ordered and she obeyed.

They talked about their old days not diiscussing about career, families and children. Weather brought back the once lover in them. As sky turned dark, they both knew their time was up. They had a childish desire to remain frozen in the moment.

‘I’m glad I came. ‘ Siddharth said removing the hair from Varsha’s face.

‘Thanks.. It meant a lot to me.’ She said staring in his eyes.

‘Well my car is parked the opposite side..’ he said sadly…’ Varsha, We should do this often, without feeling guilty.’

They departed, though she knew a routine evening awaited her she was humming happily. As her car entered the house, she saw her husband’s car was immediately following behind.

‘I want to fall on you like rain upon a wildflower’ her husband whispered in her ears.They stood hand in hand before the house door which bore their name together’Siddharth & Varsha’.

ammusatheesh, VinuthaS and Rampuri9 like this.

2. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

3. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Gal..You cheated me:grinning:

It was so refreshing

4. blackbeauty84

Thanks Rampuri :)

5. blackbeauty84

:) :) Happy receiving your compliments Creativemumma

6. mira

mira New IL'ite

Ms. BB 84 excellent enjoyed it. almost was like watching a short film. thank you

7. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

oh ... how lovely..love makes many things..your narration too :facepalm:
    Love to write makes you write such beautiful things...thanks for this BB!