1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I wanna save this marriage but dont know how !

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Komik, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Komik

Komik Silver IL'ite

I dont have strenght to write whole story, so I just say due to many fights beetwen me and MIL and DH (coz of MIL), today her relatives asked her to move out for few days to her step mother house.
    They think it is gonna help DH and me get us toghether, but whole day DH spent sitting in silence and looking with tragic sight in ceilliing...Then made fights from no reasons:bang
    He cant resist few hours without his mommy, if we go out he wants back after 2 hours coz "mom is alone in house",(whole her family is sourranded , living in houses nearby),he is chatting whole day to his mom only, all desicions consulting with his mom , never tells me anything, laughing with his mom and answers to me briefly
    Now I am the guilty one because "coz of me " his beloved mom moved out, although it was his and his relatives idea, not mine.
    I am European, married him 2 months ago...
    We meet more tahn 4 years ago
    I dont understand anything , cannot understand his behaviour, dont know what to do
    Is that normal beeing such mama's boy ?
    Now he shouted to my face he can buy ticket and I may back to Poland
    My heart is breaking , coz I married him from love ,all is falling apart before even started ...
    Will she never stop making intrigues , till we separate?
    She is
    I always belived mothers loves their children, but now I see she would destroy his and my life just for her selfish reasons.
    How to deal with it ?

2. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

Hugs to you....i completely understand you..........

Most of the MILs are like this...and i too can not understand how can they love their sons, if they can't see them happy with their DILs?? knowingly or unknowingly they are destroying their lives.....

1 person likes this.
  3. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

you let him know, very clearly, that you have not waited for 4 years and married him to go back to Poland!! You mean to stay and right here with him....So he better figure out a way to live life happily with you and also taking care of his responsibilities for his mother. How he will do it, that he will have to figure out. I am sure he also didn't get married to you to send you back to Poland...right?

1 person likes this.
  4. dars

dars Silver IL'ite

hugs to you

Am also in the same situation like you.i too dont know how to handle this situation exactly.
    One thing I want to tell you is dont belief his relatives.they know if his mom away for some time he miss his mom like any thing.you both will not be happy if his mom is away.i think thats why they planned like this.
    dont react for his words.keep quiet.behave in a manner as if his mom is around you.dont show any happiness or feeling free like his mom is not there and at all.

ignore him like anything for time being.dont even try to speak to him.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

I am starting to think marriage is a big load of bull. I am sorry I am having a bad day.

Seriously, stop and think. Think carefully if things will change for the better or for the worst if you keep being a second wife to him.

2 people like this.
  6. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

Well.. You being European, I find the language to be not so great.. Just wondering, whether this post is for real..:coffee:confused2:

1 person likes this.
  7. Komik

Komik Silver IL'ite

Yes I am European, -never said I am Brit!
    Maybe I will surprise you - English is native/official language only to UK !
    Each of country in Europe has own tongue, for example-Italian in Italy, Swedish in Sweden, French in France, and of course Polish in Poland :wave
    So I am sorry if my English is not that good but I had never learn it while my schooldays , just trying to express my thoughts the best I can.

8 people like this.
  8. ProudIndian

ProudIndian Gold IL'ite

Do you want to sacrifice best years of your life to change him? Do you think he is worth your life your self esteem? Then you stay or quit. Its good you came to know this before having kids. Its better to move on now than being single mom.....

9. kanthtx

kanthtx Gold IL'ite

Well .. u said it.. u married a boy, not a man...

what can u expect.. just bear and drag along or make a sincere final effort to change him.. if he can't change, then think carefully if it is worth the fight and decide...

10. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Wow Poland :) very nice country, relatives of mine travelled there and a close friend does phd there too, every one including me as i met polish people too say you are very warm hearted hospitable people. your hubby should be lucky to have such wonderfull lady as his wife. You gave up so much travelled over half the globe, resattled in a different country and all to be with him. You seem to be very brave that you have done all that.

To answer your question, yes its often like that with mommies boys.... sorry.

What you can do now your Mil is in a relatives place IF you wish to fight for your marriage. Make sure you wont nag or start discussions, dont allow him to fight with you, if he picks a fight react calm and get out of his way. Inform him that you do understand this is a big change for him but so it is for you and the initial stage of marriage is always to be done with adjustments. You respect the situation is new to him and he needs to get used to be closer to you then his mother but you expect him to take effort as well, as you did walk a long way already you expect now something from him too. Do your chores like usual. You can suggest him some activities to do together for better bonding, do you think he would respont then? Basically i would give him time now. If he watches a movie prepare some snacks he likes and join him, if he just keeps on sitting there try to iniciate softy some activity like movie etc.
    Actually i think its more rare that the Mil leaves the place so you should use this time in your favour. As you are newly weds you can try to bit romantic with him too, he might realise its far better to have a wife then a mommy.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2014