I wanna conceive....

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by pdarshini, Jan 26, 2012.

1. pdarshini

pdarshini Silver IL'ite

Hi ladies...I am ttc from this year jan...but today I got my periods :-( We are married for 2 n half years,we are ttc now.I have some basic doubts...I have read in internet abt ovulation which suggests 11 to 14th days the best time to conceive.This might sound funny but all I wanna know is do we need to have sex daily for 2 to 3 times a day during ovulation period or only having sex once is enough.Which is good for better results.My Co-Sis suggested to have for 2 to 3 times but I read in the internet to have it on alternate days.She also told me that a man sperm count would be max at 2 am in the morning.Is this correct?She also told me to have s-x from 11th to 20th day.After S-x she suggested me to keeps my legs one on other while in sleeping position for 15 mins to get the sperms travel to the uterus....Is this right?I studied many things on the internet but want to hear from the people so that I can believe...

I also want to know which one is the good ovulation test kit.I wanna buy one.I see online...they were costly around 40$...how many days can we use one kit

My hubby does fasting every thursday.Does it do anything with sperm count.Now-a-days he is too much into diet.He doesnt eat sometimes at night,mostly he skips breakfast...does this do anything for spermcount.

Thanks
    Darshini

2. wannabmommy

wannabmommy Silver IL'ite

Hi Darshini,

Welcome to the ttc gang!!

My inputs to you would be:

1) You can start temping your basal body temperature. Invest in a good basal body thermometer. This will help you know whether & when you have already ovulated.

2) I have clearblue digital OPK. For me it worked best last cycle and this cycle my body has diff plans. But CB is easier to read as it is digital.

3) Regd IC, it is best to have IC in your fertile window that is 4 days before ovulation, ovulation day & the day aft ovulation. The basic logic is the sperm stays alive for almost 3-5 days & egg has only 12-24 hrs to live.

4) Stay positive, eat right & exercise moderately.

This is all that comes to my mind now...lets see what others have to add.

Good Luck & lots of baby dust to you!!

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Darshini,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum. :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Regarding the IC(inter course, sex), you can try everyday if it won't harm your peace. Alternate days is opted to those who has sperm count issues. If you don't have such troubles, you can continue to have IC every day! Try to have more fore play & do it. Don't make IC a job to achieve pregnancy! Just involve in it. Feel it & don't fail to enjoy your life! Happiness is the success to our lives!

If you have a regular cycle of 28 days, your ovulation can be around 12-14; so based on your cycle length your ovulation will change(Mostly 14 days before to your expected next period!) & time your IC to cover those important days!

Raising the legs or keeping pillow under the butt after will help the sperms to pass on to uterus easily.

First and fore most, never stress yourself. Stress will not help in conception. Try not to lock yourself in that & loose all the goodness your body has! Gentle advise for the one who struggled with stress in TTC!

For your hubby(dh), its not good to avoid breakfast. One need some basic food in the morning. Make him to eat something. bread, oats or fruits; ensure he is eating something! Health is more important than the rest! If he is not to diet, plan it well; skipping meals will not help!

Baby dust to you. Take care!

4. JP123

JP123 New IL'ite

Hi all,

Me and my husband r travelling for 1 hour daily in two wheeler..will that cause any problem for me in getting conceived..

I'm newly married and its been 6 months now..everytiime,before a week time of my periods,after my marriage, im getting lower back pain, stomach pain, crampings and finally 2 days before my periods, high fever and all these..
    After i get my periods, im completely releaved from all these troubles..
    When i consulted my doctor, she was telling these happens due to hormonal imablance..Also, even during S*X im not able to enjoy..i always tell my hubby to finish it fast..but im tired of same feeling so long and im not able to get pregnant too..
    Have anyone faced the similar problem..

Please advice me how to proceed and any suggestions for me..Im very depressed about these..Please help me

5. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Hi JP, your doctor is right it could be due to hormonal imbalance which is the culprit in most of the cases in not allowing to get pregnant. Did your doctor advice to do anything or take any medicine to balance your hormonal ??

There are ways through which you can balance your hormone, like doing regular exercise, eating balanced food etc etc, please see this link 9 Ways to Balance Your Hormones Naturally

I think you can take Shatabari also which helps in balancing hormone. I had also posted about moonstone in another thread, moonstone is easily available in India helps in balancing hormone and other fertility issues, helps in getting pregnant.

See this link, Moonstone anyone? - BabyandBump, you can see so many ladies have conceived after wearing moonstone. Good Luck.

6. pdarshini

pdarshini Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the tips...

Darshini

7. JP123

JP123 New IL'ite

Thnx a lot pumpkin..is travelling not a pblm?

8. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

No dear, travelling is not a problem.

9. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

JP,

You know your body nature. For some traveling either on two-wheeler,train,bus for 30 mins - 1 hr can cause problem.
    You and your husband take good decision on this either you moving to a place near your office or leaving the job and get good one near your place. Options are available. But it all depends on you.