1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Urgently Need Your Valuable Suggestions..

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Ooviya, Nov 14, 2017.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Hi, My DD is 18 months old.. i didnt introduce her bottle feeding or formula or milk upto 15 months.. Having BM and solids. Now my problem is i dont have segregation in one breast..But my DD wants milk every an hr in day time and she sucks 20 minutes in nights.. otherwise starts to cry.. refuse to take bottle milk.. very adamant, roll on and crying lot.. I lost my sleep in last one year. very stressful.. she wont play with toys..always needs my presence. my hubby only supports me.no other elders at home.. Always crying for something.. i applied more things in breast.. but she cries till BM..never drinks anyother.. i sleep just 3-4 hrs per day..how can i overcome from this??

2. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,

You should slowly start the weaning of BM for you DD. Some toddlers stop it easily and some do not. It would be more of a habit for them. Start giving her milk/water in the small steel glass and help her to drink. You need not use the bottle. Since she is on solids you need not have to worry if the food will be enough for her. Distract her when it is time to feed her. Do this one time in a day to start with. Apply some neem oil for few days while feeding. She will slowly stop it. Believe me, it is not easy. But neither is it impossible. Do not feed her even if she cries. Distract her and that will help.

lazy likes this.
  3. lazy

lazy Silver IL'ite

Hi dear, if u r n fb please join this group bsim. Breastfeeding support for Indian moms...

I am already a member.. they will give you more idea.. pls don't wean ur dd.. it will lead to more struggle.. my dd is 15month old.. she too don't took any other milk or bottle only bm.. planning to continue until she wants..

May i know why milk secretion stopped suddenly? Any medical issue?

4. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

"But my DD wants milk every an hr in day time "
    Too much for that age. Try to reduce that frequency. Try to divert her. hmm.. it is lot of work.