1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I think the crows are angry with me

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Nov 4, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

When we were in our own house the crows used to come and take the rice everyday. But after coming to the present house I dont see much crows here. When I put the rice the sparrows come and eat daily.

Recenlty my maid was saying instead of putting on the window , you keep a plate and then put rice on it but when I put like that even the sparrow did not eat that day. Today I put without a plate and the crow came immediately and had it. I think they enjoy eating like that and not from a plate.

3 people like this.

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Aunty, please try potato roast. Crows will come in large numbers.

3. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima, Crows near my MIL's present house eats only chapathi and snacks like mixture..It wont eat any rice item :) Try putting chapathi to mumbai crows ;)

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I envy you Vijima. It is years since I saw a sparrow.

5. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Here I feed my crows almost every day (these are the crow species American crow). The mom is very cool and savvy and has taught her family that I am ok (crows have facial recognition unlike many other animals). I can give a call like they give and so I call out my back door and they come in immediately if they are around. If it is their first food of the day the kids get really excited. If it is later in the day and they are elsewhere in the neighborhood and I call, they will answer me from where ever and come in. I love it when I hear them answering me. One treat that they love is a whole raw egg (if I have one that I can't use because it has a crack in it) and they come and open it and even eat the shell. My crows here also like cooked rice and they gather as much as they can in their beaks and it looks like they have a lace beard.

6. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

What with the population in creasing i think the crows have more houses to visit eh ! So they come less to each house.Domnt worry, but we dont have crows in jaipur i hardly see any. You mumbaikars have taken them away from Rajasthan eh ! HAHA

We were famous for monkeys now even theya re not to be found .What to do.

Regards

kamal

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji
    When I saw the title about the angry crows, I remembered Alfred Hitchcock's famous movie 'The Brids'. The movie is based on an extraordinary theme of the birds which are subjected to inhuman treatment in our hands deciding to retaliate one fine morning. They gang up and kill everyone in sight and destroy a whole town! In the first scene of this avian rebellion, we see a large number of crows sitting around with anger writ large on their faces. The scene did send a shiver down my spine.

So when you talked about the crows being angry with you, I was quite disturbed. Only after reading your thread, I felt at ease. You probably mistook crows not taking your food due probably to indigestion as anger. Crows get angry only when you don't feed them on time. Their absence at the dining window could mean either they have had their fill at some 'Shrardha' nearby or they were having a bout of acidity. I would urge you not to read too much into their dining behaviour and get worried unnecessarily.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  8. iyerviji

Raji early morning after doing neivedhyam to God we put annam for the crows which is considered very good. I was talking about that. Now adays crows eat anything

9. iyerviji

We consider it as being blessed when crows come and have the rice. Thats why I felt bad that they are not coming.

10. iyerviji

Satchi dear we have many sparrows near our house.