1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I N Wrong This Time So This Time

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Sangeeta85, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

I want to vent it out plus advice too..
    yesterday my kid was asking when will we go to inlaws house for holiday and on top he said we always go first inlaws then my mom place y do U ask always that n I lost my temper n scolded my kid and in anger i told him that he wants to go there just bcz of iPad n phone n iPod n I gave her iPad n iPod I will take it away just to treat him don't mean it.. I did not stop there I even told him my parents give u so many gifts what did they give n (true they did not )just a train which was 1000 rs n like 5 yrs back ..my inlaws take my son in her room n make him sleep n did not mind at all but she started teaching him mean stuff n Fil too I had that thread back .. I said u tell them I will not sleep with u want to sleep with mom and asked him who told u this he said Mom kids r innocent I feel I did play with it this time..wheather it my husband or son if they take her name I go nuts. nuts is too decent word for me ..my husband does argue then calm ..before she would sit with my husband n tell bad stuff abt me n now that does not work bcz he stood up for me so the devil is playing with my son.. last thread I had told that she asked him not to buy gifts n money matter too for a 6 year old..Fil telling my nephews are not related ..this all under my nose .. now I m worried he will tell her n next arguments too.. I feel wrong to get mad bcz I have stopped talking to them bcz when I had visited them Fil just did not speak n wen I did he would just give y/n n asked him there got plate of breakfast lunch or dinner he would put out to me where to keep but not utter a word..n mil would always do this for 2to 3 days then again ..so this time I did but if they ask me call out my name I talk ..
    Bcz of all this I was freaking worried n got sick I always tension n worry I fall sick..
    How to teach my kid ..

2. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

What is the mistake of your kid. You are also doing the same what your ILS are doing. Taking away his innocence. If your ILS teaching him stuff that you don't like then you have to treat that not to put your anger everywhere unnecessary. Don't leave your kid alone with them and do whatever you can for this. Control your anger and try to focus on what could you do to sort out.

Sandycandy likes this.
  3. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Sorry for being rude but I understood in bits and pieces. Since this is online forum It would be better if you limit short texts so everyone can understand !

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    SunPa, Sunburst and Sandycandy like this.
  4. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

I am not able to understand most of what you have written especially second half. Please write in sentences with proper spellings, and avoid shortcuts .

From what you have written, this is what I understood that your inlaws tried to brainwash you kid against you.
    But it's your own kid, your own flesh and blood and so innocent at his age, why make him suffer due to your MIL?
    If you are possessive about kid, then don't make him go there; fight with DH for this if required but do not fight with your little kid.A good mother fight with whole world for sake of her kid, but never fight with kid due to world.

My sympathies are with you because I saw many grandparents try to turn the kid against the mom, but once kids grow little older they realise importance of their mother. You focus on being a good and loving mother and your kid will surely come back to you. Meanwhile make excuses to not send him there, and be firm that kid will not sleep in PILs' room.

5. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Dear Sangeeta,

When you said your inlaws are turning your kid against you .What did you do by telling your kid about him not getting gifts from inlaws and talking about worth of gift they gave 5 years back .Are we not teaching kids love people only based on gifts they give ? Are you not turning your kid against your in laws by telling him he received a gift only 5 years back ?Since when are we calculating love and affection via gifts and worth of it ?Kids are super smart and learn things quickly .While I did not go through your previous posts I realize your relationship with inlaws is not healthy at the moment but IMO that should not impact relation your kid has with them .

SunPa likes this.
  6. nakshatra1

A grandparents who cares for well-being of grandchild will never give so much stress to the mother of the child . Her PILs even tried to turn her husband against her so she has every right on kid to protect from such grandparents . My only advice is to be loving towards own kid but nothing wrong to shield him from selfish grandparents .

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  7. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

Hey Nakshatra,

My opinion differs here.Shielding one's kid is parents job but IMO making kids realize gift and value of it and comparing one set of grand parents with others is not right .Again its my thought process.
    I am not saying her MIL is right but I am saying what kid heard about from both the ends is not right .Hope I made my point clear.

blissofmylife likes this.
  8. nakshatra1

I agree with you about the part about gift value.. definitely wrong values.And comparisons is also wrong. But I meant if the grandparents are brainwashing kid against mom, she should protect from that by reducing those situations but not to turn him against them.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

op my sincere suggestion never involve the kids into elders issues. if your inlaws are doing it, it is wrong. the more you react possessive, the more you give them power to use your kid to irritate you. just smile and remember you kid is your son and then their grandchild and the onus of good values, discipline and characters lies with you with or without the support of extended family. these are your kids foundation years let them have a positive trend, he will observe and assimilate as he grows up..
    for now let him be just a loved kid..

Anisu likes this.
  10. Rosey2018

Rosey2018 Bronze IL'ite

Dont EVER rise to the bait. Instead make time for your children and keep them happy. Your inlaws are wrong to do this to you. They should not do that. Heaven lies under the feet of the mother as they saying goes.