1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

[I]Maika[I] ..(Mother's house)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Awww thank you my dear Viji..I did not know that.:) let me just go there and thank you formally now.:)

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Yes Mindi! I totally agree with the sentiments you expressed in your article.
    Mother's home is not the building and the rooms and the walls, or remains of our childhood stuff. It is something more than all that - the presence of the only truth in the world - the love of our parents.
    I strongly believe that it is this love that keeps us safe and happy wherever we are, far away.

A friend once put this in lovely words - she is a Christian and so put it from her perspective - it seems that parents always keep thinking about their children in one part of their mind and the angels carry those thoughts and cloak the children thus protecting them. After hearing her I felt a kind of peace and now a parent myself I realize how constantly my children are in my mind.

Yes that is what makes "mother's house" so special.

Lovely Mindi! As always!

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear paddy,

I never enjoyed this sort of pampering as I was never allowed to go to my mom' house more than oneday.

I have heard this from many ladies and that is really sad.

These words of yours have brushed the feelings from my heart!!! Now I am relieved and feeling ashamed not thinking in that point!! So your post made wonders in my heart and I have decided to become more reasonable in my approach bloom as a" Perfect and lovable Mil.This thought brought tears of joy in my eyes! Now You know!!!

I am glad that you understood. I personally feel all MILs should only aim to be the BEST MIL and should not aim to take the place of the mother. and why shouldn't it be that way? that way isn't a girl lucky to have a mother and a MIL who is just like her mother?
    and I do know that you are a lovely FUN MIL...:):cheers

4. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Such a lovely post mindi....

It is strange that our home suddenly becomes "mothers home / maika" once we get married. It is not the same anymore and yet it is somehow same. More than the physical pampering, it is the emotional comfort that we get at maika ...that makes our stay so very special. Having lost my father last year ...i dread going there now... i know it will be bittersweet... every nook and corner will remind me of special moments with dad...our discussions, arguments and just being foolish together... :(

5. shameel

shameel Silver IL'ite

Very nice one, after marriage for a girl both the houses [piya ka and maika]are like her both eyes she has to live with the both, can't justify which is the best. Of course maika is the best, then as years goes by and our children grows , then we are more attached with husbands house but the love of maika is there n always will be. I am married for 12 yrs and the first time I came to abudhabi my mother cried a lot at airport, she does it still now at every visit, even though this year I was with her for more than 3 months, for my delivery she did the same, my husband was surprised. This is maa n maika.

6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

When parents are not there anymore it is not maika....and I would miss it forever. Nowhere else we will get that feeling...absolutely true. I have no maika.

7. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

I could understand it well Mindi..

And its a sweet post, you expressed your feelings well..

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks kamala...:)
    It is something more than all that - the presence of the only truth in the world - the love of our parents.
    I strongly believe that it is this love that keeps us safe and happy wherever we are, far away.

very nicely said.

A friend once put this in lovely words - she is a Christian and so put it from her perspective - it seems that parents always keep thinking about their children in one part of their mind and the angels carry those thoughts and cloak the children thus protecting them. After hearing her I felt a kind of peace and now a parent myself I realize how constantly my children are in my mind.

Yes it is really nice to hear that and makes sense to worry and advise inspite of hearing each time " I have lived on my own for year amma and managed quite well..now quit worrying about me" ....LOL

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks sumitha..:)

More than the physical pampering, it is the emotional comfort that we get at maika ...that makes our stay so very special. Having lost my father last year ...i dread going there now... i know it will be bittersweet... every nook and corner will remind me of special moments with dad...our discussions, arguments and just being foolish together...

those are exactly my sentiments too and I have gone through exactly the same feelings.

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks shameel for joining me here...very nicely said :)