1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

[I]Maika[I] ..(Mother's house)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thank you nihasvin...:) Yess we all face that...

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks Meenu...now I am doubly sure you know exactly what meant..:)

3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My dear alps,

So good to see you here :) your fb brought back lovely memories and believe me ,I really enjoyed each and every line of yours.I would LOVE to wish you many more happy times with your parents and siblings, alps..Family times are surely one of the BEST.:cheers

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

I have always wondered about the tear jerking lyrics of main toh bhool chali babul ka desh piya ka ghar pyaara lage

LOL KELLY i agree with you..

and believe me invariably after my mumbai trip I need a break to rest..

ha, tell me about it,exactly what I am doing now....:)

I think i need to grow up alot we invariably land up bickering even on the phone every other day!!!...

I am actually glad to read that..:)

I wonder how my hubby hardly ever has this problem with his mom.. coming to think of it even my brother.. so do think we need to learn the art of talking to mom from men???

yes yes yes to that..and no wonder they walk away with the NICE title whereas all the nice things that I do go unnoticed because of the arguments..really unfair I tell you.LOL

and I also look forward to your maika visits as we atleast speak on phone if not meet..

hey thats sweet..same here :cheers

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear, dear Mindz,
    Just back from my maike - the aroma still lingers heavily, to be frank.
    Amma is no more; infact I went for her annual ceremony. Oh,still, my maike continues!:bowdown
    But my sister Durga & her son live there & I "discovered" a "new maike", to my most pleaasant surprise.
    They pampered me so much that Vish must have wondered whether I was worth so much of their attention.
    Well, mindz, maike is a very BROAD MEANING TERM,I now realise. It is a place where you unwind subnconsciously.
    Remember, I am married for 50+ yrs!! I still call Madurai, my native place. Some notions are deep rooted! Why forcibly change them??
    Ultimately, like me, you HAVE ALSO REALISED HOME IS WHERE THE HEART CONTINUES TO BE.
    For a woman, some feelings are innate.
    Now, I was planning to write on maike, but you hve grabbed the opportunity frome me, emerging a winner!!:thumbsup
    I could not or would not have done justice like how you have!!

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Mindi dear I have nominated this thread. I do not know whether you know about it. After I posted fb I nominated but forgot to mention about it and my dear Anna has given a nice fb for that

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

DearMindi,
    Always a post from you will be a bundle of emotions, sentiments with a touch of humor. This lovely post of yours is not an exception.Oh dear you have brought tears in my eyes why wait I will disclose it at the end. In the first hand I never enjoyed this sort of pampering as I was never allowed to go to my mom' house more than oneday. I should go in the morning and come back within 4'O clock in the evening. As you have mentioned in your early post now I took this as an extraordinary love my DH and my MIL had for me!!!! Now coming to the present situation: since I wanted my DILS not to feel disapponted in any thing I treat them as my daughters sharing with them anything like afriend. Allow them to go to their Mom's place whenever they want. But here I want to mention onething. I used have a cofused emotions when I see their faces glowing when they visit their moms' house. I used to question myself " Am not showering full affection on them or "freedom they want then why this brightness"But my dear buddy
    However old one gets, one is always a child in their mother’s house, and when we reconnect with this child within us, we feel happy and relaxed. As simple as that !These words of yours have brushed the feelings from my heart!!! Now I am relieved and feeling ashamed not thinking in that point!! So your post made wonders in my heart and I have decided to become more reasonable in my approach bloom as a" Perfect and lovable Mil.This thought brought tears of joy in my eyes! Now You know!!!
    with love
    pad

1 person likes this.
  8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi ramya ,

thanks for joining me here. :)
    As long as you are a spinster you just take things for granted . The real test comes when you enter the new world with ur In laws etc..

very true..

9. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Awww...after reading your post and the coffee part, I am almost making plans to go there the next weekedn ....:)

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My dear C,

I am glad you had a wonderful trip to your maika too.

They pampered me so much that Vish must have wondered whether I was worth so much of their attention.

good for you. :)Once in a while it is good for our spouses to see that ,so that they realize we are not spoilt and how lucky they are to be served by us in our houses.:wink:

It is a place where you unwind subnconsciously.
    nice point that I missed..

Now, I was planning to write on maike, but you hve grabbed the opportunity frome me, emerging a winner!!:thumbsup
    I could not or would not have done justice like how you have!!

now that is A LOVELY compliment and coming from you , it is very special to me and just made my day.
    but let that not stop you from writing ..quite sometime since we saw any of your posts here. I am sure those chatting sessions with your sister would have given you some juicy topics to share with us.:)