1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Laugh And Laugh And Laugh!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

You are so right Syamala! @shyamala1234 Nothing happens when expecting and for me for some reasons to look for things that bring a smile on my face is slowly becoming a habit, even if it is a pink car....recently my kids and I spotted a diva car with all the bling bling even and it was the cutest ever :) Thank you as always for the encouraging feedback.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you @stayblessed , thank you!

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Of course @Balajee I agree with you - unlike daily horrorscope which if I happen to read, I do forget immediately, this fortune cookie was a little different in that it kept my mind occupied and brought a smile when I mot needed it. That is all. Thank you for your feedback.

4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dearest Srama,

You brought a big smile and deep gratitude in me. Needless to say that you and the Universe have a special bond. I m glad that I am not mad to look for signs when I am in turmoil. After reading the Illusions ,recommended by you, I see lots and lots of feathers and each time when I see them it makes me happy. Fortune cookies?? I need to go and find a Chinese restaurant and get a cookie soon as I can. Thank you for bringing us joy through your writing and I am sure this week will go fantastically!

Love
    vani

Srama likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you!

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @SunPa,

Your feedback made my day too. Hope your day is going well. Have a lovey day and the week ahead!

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Awww that is so sweet Satchi! First, as much as I want to tell you to stop whipping yourself, I know in time you will understand and second, that sure is a sign from your mom! You know if I have ever mentioned to you, Boom where you are planted is one of the quotes that helps me in difficult situations. Thank you for sharing the lovely incident and the lovely flower.

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

You are always so sweet dear Vani @girvani! Thank you for your lovely feedback and words. Do you know how happy it makes me that you read Illusions and see so many feathers. Well, one of the fun things is the cookies that come with the food and Toby loves the cookies. he is the main reason we get them too and of course reading each one's fortune especially when in a big group is always fun!

Have a lovely day!

girvani likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Sabitha,

More often than not, I experienced similar feeling. In those days, I ended up waiting for the day to be over to see the bright side of the life. I just sing the bhajans or read something very elevating in such circumstances. Those actions help me surrender quietly.

Here is what I wrote for the kids in the moral education class to teach the values of Peace & Discipline when they meditate:

“You are sitting quietly in a garden that is full of flowers with different colors. They are blossoming in the rays of sunlight that comes down to earth. The trees and plants are shaking gently as though they were appreciating the rain they have experienced a few minutes back, welcoming the wind that is blowing towards them and enjoying the rays of the sun. The flowers of today are opening up as though they are smiling after seeing the colors of the rainbows up in the sky. The flowers of yesterday are facing down as though they have been humbled by the opportunity given to them to Blossom and the flowers of tomorrow are keeping their pedals closed as though they are worshiping God for their opportunity. The grass on the ground is sacrificing itself to the hunger of the animals which are walking all over it. The whole atmosphere is serene and you are wondering how every living being are appreciating each other and live in peace with reality. You are thinking that peace is not obtained by your free will but by humbly surrendering to the Will of God and accepting the reality.”

I am a big believer that every experience we encounter are messages for us customized exclusively for us from the nature. One can call it coincidence or will of the Lord but even noticing and recognizing such message is a gift by itself.

What God meant to say to the men is "When men are cornered by wives with no excuses to give (i.e. when men think they are in the corner of the world), they learn the important lesson of how to surrender. If men are disciplined, wives calm down and achieve peace. Therefore, the disciplining wife becomes disciplined." :)

Viswa

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear V sir,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Meditation is something I haven't gotten down yet. Very rare are the occasions when I actually sit down but I am also learning that meditation need not be sitting down :) I am sure the students of your class are benefiting a lot just by being in association with you. Thank you for sharing what you shared with them. It always helps.