1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I have watched Rockstar Movie

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Pallavi4me, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]
    So all you are wondering, what is the greatest achievement in this. We have watched two months back and why the hell we need to read about this movie…

So, here I am not reviewing the movie…. So you are relieved.. I can understand that…

‘m just going write in what are all the thoughts that have come during watching this, and what I learnt and finally how happy I was… (You must be thinking “Pallavi has gone nuts, is she was happy having watching such a tragic movie… ) So to understand that you have to go down……………….

Here a disclaimer: I’m big fan of Ranbir. Not just for his looks but for his acting prowess and the way he emotes the feelings so beautifully….

Even before the release I was very eager to watch the movie. So first crazily I thought, I will watch the movie on the first day of release..[I know that will not happen… see, ‘m girl should not go for movies on 1st day of release like a mad crowd.. and moreover ‘m sincere at work.. at least my boss feels so, but I know how sincere I’m. So I cannot think of (I can think of but can’t execute… see, Soch ko koi nahi rok saktha he naa) going to movie bunking the office….. It will be separate blog post if I start writing about the crazy things I want to do.. bunking office]

Then realistically and practically I thought, I will watch the movie on the Sunday that comes immediately after release. So the next question is with whom I will go!!! Of course mom and dad accompany me for any stupid movie, if I wish.. so they won’t have a problem to come with me… but what my little stupid brain thought was.. “first thing.. they may not be able enjoy this movie…and then I was in two minds whether this can be viewed with parents or not??, 2nd thing one day during conversation, my dear sis told, I will be home that weekend. So you book the tickets.. we both will go.. So I was damn happy… You will not believe sister and me (means only we both) have not been to movie till date and being in two different cities it’s been ages that we have been to movie together (means along with others i.e., parents / cousins etc..) but of course, somewhere in my mind and heart I knew that will not happen. Because she is always super busy with work, so not be able to come to home .. bechari!!! And the next super option has come.. I will watch with my friend, who doesn’t like Ranbir and these emotional movies but can bear for my sake… somehow that also did not worked out… See my how my fate is!!!! (that will be another post, why and how we are not able go to watch the movie..)

So anyway, with so much of thinking and without any planning that weekend went away. But see ‘m diehard fan of Ranbir. So that day, (on 11.11.11 – Release date of movie) being a sincere and hard worker at office I have read all the reviews about the movie from Rediff to DNA to some stupid websites too.. everyone was praise of Ranbir, so I was very very happy…
    The next weekends have come and gone, we had some guests visiting our place and mom has to attend one of my cousins wedding and then the heroine of entire rockstar manic (Proud me) has some important and urgent (in my boss view) but stupid and idiotic (in my view and frustration) work to be finished, so all my weekends in November have gone………. So sad me kada…

But all the while, beginning from Thursday- Saturday I used to log into EA (express avenue) and PVR websites and try booking tickets with different permutations and combinations. During payment option I used to cancel (See this gives me some satisfaction, if not I could achieve at least I tried to fit the movie with in my schedule.. alas that did not happen..)
    So daily I go home and tune into Rockstar songs and pity myself upon not watching the movie. I used to made lot of hullbulla at home whenever the trailer comes / some song comes. I expect everyone at home to watch it with utmost concentration and sincerity (It is too much .. I know)
    Finally, Papa said whenever tickets will be available you book it. We will go. You wanted to watch this from so many days… so sweet..my papa.. He na!!!

With this fashion November Went on…. December has come. Still my excitement level does not die down in me.. of course for Multiplex owners it’s died down.. they have started reducing the shows upon the release of new Tamil, Telugu, Hindi & English movies. My feeling ‘bad’ about not watching the movie is inversely proportional to the no.of shows in theatres…….

So on Dec’9th (i.e. Friday) evening before leaving the office, I have checked..only one show that too 10:20PM is going on at EA. PVR has removed the movie. So it’s for sure for next week it will not be there in whole of Chennai.. So can I afford to go to Mumbai just to watch this movie. I thought of it.. But it is not feasible option. (See, how mad ‘m!! many people around me are not aware of this, to what extent I can think and plan for silly stuff.. though I generally Don’t execute it..) I knew for sure, my parents won’t come for second show. We have not been to second show till date. At the same time, I don’t have such friends here with whom I can go (or who can take me too.. I have such friends in Hyderabad.. they can make me attend for a night show even to my 100% disagreement.. I love them for that,.. that’s a separate issue) a 2nd show.

So after all this more than 2months of excitement and one month of planning, I finally decided to let it go. Then I turned to philosophy.
    “In Life, few things will not happen how much ever we want and to what extent we would have planned. It’s just that way.”

“May be I was too excited about it, so it did not happen as many other things in Life. I should not desire something to such extent that will start hurting me……”” (hee.. hee..this was the extent I consoled myself..)

So the next day Dec 10th Dawned (And it was Lunar eclipse on that day..). So casually, (knowing well that mom will disagree) I have asked “Dad, shall we go for Rock star to night…”

“Yes, that’s fine. I have already told you na, we will go”

“Then, its night show Papa. Its 10.20PM”

Then mom entered into this dramatic scene…
    “Why that much craziness to you? Book for tomorrow’s evening show” Mom said it like an ultimate judgment…

Then I told, why the hell I will ask for a night show mamma, if there is an evening show. There is only one show available, i.e., 10:20PM. At no other time movie is being shown in EA and in PVR it’s been removed.

I don’t know what happened…Mom Said “OK”. Let’s go for it then.

I was surprised. Before leaving home, I would have confirmed with her nearly about 10times.

So now you know, after reaching the office the first thing I have done is to book for the show…………. Hurray… I was so excited and happy. So obviously day went on well at office.

After celebrating one farewell and my boss’s birthday, we left the office for good.

And And…………… That day I have recorded the Lunar eclipse and got ready and left for theatre without even having dinner (you all know na, after lunar eclipse we have to take bath and then have cook the food…) so since that much time is not available, we thought we will have dinner @ EA itself.

But to my sheer luck.. traffic was super heavy that day and we have reached just 15min before starting of show… so we knew if we start going to food court and get the food card.. itself will take 15min. So Parents said, no issues dear we will be ok with something at Escape itself (Escape is the name for the Multiplex there)

And there again to my sheer luck ..the automatic ticketing machines are not at all working… That I realized just 5min before starting the show. We took some junk food.. sandwich, sev puri and icecreams..

So again I have to stand in queue at the counter to get my tickets.. I watch movies rarely and when watching in theatre I hate to miss the starting… so I’m becoming impatient as time passes… to cut it short I got the tickets in time and went into the screen…

Are you thinking, finally she is going to watch the movie.. so this post is going to end..Thank god!!

No. there is some more twist to the story….

As went to the designated seat no. someone has already occupied the place and he said it’s his place as per the ticket… Now I don’t want to face a situation something like a booking problem or same number allocated to two different bookings………. Why all this happening today only???????????
    But to my help someone told him, that he missed his row in the dark and sat here.. toh who bechara… maafi manga and went to his place.. but to what I didn’t understand is he kept on asking apology.. but there is no such need.. things like this may happen know!!!

So finally after all this ordeal I sat and waiting for the movie to start…………….. I was happy from the very start where text displays……….

“There is a field beyond Right & Wrong, I will meet you there.”

So coming to the important aspect, that day I realized few things:

“By choice I have shifted from Mumbai to Chennai. No one has forced me to come. It’s my own brain ka locha tha.. I thought it will be some good for family etc.. etc… Though I don’t regret any of my decisions, at some moments, I felt this is my wrong decision. But that day I felt, though whatever may happen.. this is what I wanted …

My parents have always been burdened by responsibilities right from their marriage, our birth and my ill health at young age and other things. They really forgot to have some fun and to have some time together for themselves.. whenever I used to go for a movie with my cousins in Mumbai, this feeling used to come up.. after doing everything for us and making us to stand on our own, we are living at farther place and having fun with remaining people.. while they were waiting for our calls to know whether we have reached safely or not, after that movie. So I have decided whenever I am going to be with parents, I wanted to get back the fun and joy they have missed. (of course, I don’t feel that going to mall & multiplex is alone fun.. but sometimes for a change.)

So after nearly, 30 years they have come to watch a Night show.. just for me.. (Here, I don’t know whether it was my success to bring them for a night show, but it is unconditional love for me that brought them.)

So for those moments and gestures of my parents, I thought “Whatever it is, hectic work life at my office or some stupid issues I’m facing after coming to Chennai…everything is worthwhile for my parents.”

From the starting scene, I have completely lost into the movie…with ice-cream in that chilling weather.. wow!!! I’m again greatful.. I could do all these crazy things at one go………WOW (you know, if any of my friends would have been there, by zabardasti they would have not allowed me to have icecreams at that night time… )

Coming to the most my awaited movie of the year….. I’m not going to talk about it from a morale view point…….. but the protagonist really lived his life, by doing whatever his heart said..

Many of us, won’t live the life in the way we wanted… we feel like I would have done this, I would have tried this.. whether he may be successful /a failure .. a good person or a rude guy.. but he lived his life true to his heart… He just did what he wants to .. Many of us Survive won’t live in real sense… For me Jordan Lived his life.. it may be full of sorrows or pains…. He lived his life …He Lived in his emotions.

That is what I Loved in that.

So this is my story about Rockstar….

And Thanks for those who really read till this point with so much of patience.
    [/JUSTIFY]

2. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

The summary of the movie few lines before the end and the unconditional love part made it a worthy read Pallavi4Me. Glad to know that you enjoyed it and happy to read your nice narration. Thanks. -rgs

3. Pallavi4me

Thanks RGS for your kind words of encouragement.

I know it s a lengthy one. I have this bad habit telling everything in detail, that is why this post became like this. But Glad that you read it and took time to appreciate it too..

I had the doubt that can anyone read it fully and enjoy my silly stuff. Thanks for first fb once again.

4. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Sorry, am posting one more feedback here. Request you not to be sorry. You did what you felt. And did some justice to it [as that hero in that film]. -rgs

5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Glad you enjoyed.............

Shanti

6. Pallavi4me

RGS,
    You made my day...:) Really you made my day.

Thank you for being so generous.

7. Pallavi4me

Thank you for dropping in Shashiv.

8. strangerrr

strangerrr Gold IL'ite

was a good read pallavi! i didnt watch the movie, so honestly i couldnt take much from this blog! if u allow me to make a simple suugestion in a polite tone: please give paragraph space which makes us to read in good eye flow. (i know if you copy-paste from word, the spacing merges in the text box)

wish to read more frequently from you...

:)

9. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear,

enjoyed your narration.

vijaya

10. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Selflessness, sacrifice and love are the first, middle and last names or your parents. They live their life true to their heart. From your Blog, I read that loud and clear.

I am glad you enjoyed the movie but what you found in the hero of the movie is already available for you to learn in real life.

Keeping themselves awake late night, having junk food with you late at night sacrificing a hot meal at home in a relaxing environment, going through the tough traffic, etc. to make you happy. I understand your intention to get them to have fun for what they missed at younger age but I believe they are accompanying you to the movie to make you happy.

That emotion is more overwhelming to me.

Viswa