1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I have the greatest endorsement, that of my own !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Chitvish, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

We must first understand that our best self is an island within us. That is our source of power. To find the source, first we must believe in our own selves.

My belief is the root of my strength and it is the best endorsement, I give myself!
    That is one place where I do not bother if others resent me or if that disappointed me.

There, I imagine, I accomplish every job that I undertake to my utmost satisfaction.
    Consequently, I do not receive a less favourable comment even from my worst critic about what I do! I have no worry at all whether I am doing the right thing, since I do the things only right.

I am my own person only there – I am not a daughter, spouse or mother with a tag.

You need to believe in yourself to accomplish your goal, to give, to take, to love, to be open.
    Others’ assessment of us do matter to us, to the extent that they remind us to believe in ourselves. In the past, our actions may have been resented by others and we may have been bitterly disappointed. But still, if we are here today at this stage of life, it is because we have belief in us.

Very often we accomplish some things successfully, much to our satisfaction. It does happen that it draws a less favourable comment from somebody else. Immediately we start worrying whether what we did was right at all! This doubt should not arise, if we believe in ourselves and happy with whatever we did, the way we wanted.

Nobody can prevent you from being your own person. We must learn to take a risk and not be afraid of taking care of ourselves.

Our belief is always our invention, our fantasy of our best, our acceptance and definitely our dream!

SO,
    Believe in your passion.
    Believe in your gift.
    Believe in your purpose.

My personal motto is:
    I believe in me.
    I believe in my gift.
    That
    The best is yet to be..

Love,
    Chithra.

sindmani likes this.

2. manjunat

manjunat New IL'ite

Dear Chithra
    I was sitting and waiting for your blog to be posted! Its a great guiding light for me that too now as my mother has passed away , got to carry on doing things and shoulder responsibilities.....your words came out at the right time... comforting as well as very supportive...encouraging....
    "I believe in me.
    I believe in my gift.
    That
    The best is yet to be.."
    Very true...
    Love
    Manju

3. shvap_786

shvap_786 Gold IL'ite

Dear chitumma...

Very good thought ... beleive in yourself is the beginning of any success... learn a good thought today morning..

4. Chitvish

death I am hearing of, about a mother's demise. I have no words of solace to offer you - only time makes us accept it.
    Your first line made me so emotional, Manju.
    I cannot feel more encouraged to blog though I sound like a moral science teacher very often!!
    Just believe, there is a spark in everyone of us & it is upto us to make the best use of it.
    Take care,
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Chitvish

worrying about how others are going to react to what we do and bother more about inconveniencing ourselves to please others.
    What others think about us is not our business!
    Please yourself; endorse yourself - you are happy!
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Chitra Ma’m you have very well said about self belief and individuality. We often worry about other what others will think if we do something we want and mostly end up doing things the way they want.

7. Chitvish

what is convenient to me is all that matters.
    The only reason for your ever doing a thing you want to do is:”I find it convenient to do this”. There is no need to convince others if you are sincere.
    Let us not make their feelings more important than our own.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mami,

I loved the first line "..our best self is an island within us. That is our source of power..."
    Just reading the line ... gives so much inspiration, to recognize our strength and do what we beleive is best for us.

I need to go through the your earlier blogs too...have missed a lot, by not stepping much into the blog section often :bonk
    bye

9. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Chithra, you hit the right cord. I like what you said to Ami that there is no need to convince others if you are sincere.

We spend a lot of time worrying what others say and think, will it be right or wrong. Instead if sincerely believe in ourselves and doing according to our conviction, it does not matter.
    The endorsement we do for ourselves is often worth billions and help us to move on.
    Jaya

10. Chitvish

If we postpone our pleasures and always put others first, we end up feeling disappointed, because we do it out of love, but their response may not be up to our expectations! It is never going to be enough, however much we endeavour.
    So, let us endorse & please ourselves first!
    Lovw,
    Chithra.