1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Have Another Dilemma On This Situation

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indubalram, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I would say don't take their treatment personally. It was not meant towards you as a person, and was not a planned thing. Usually, when we attend such functions, if it is the wife's side family event, she will be kind of leading the family as they walk in. Host will naturally talk to her first and then to next person and they might not give enough attention to all people in the group. And similarly, if it is husband's side family event, he will be addressed more and first.

Most likely it is not intentional. At very busy events, best to cut the hosts some slack.

Should you not have attended the wedding? No. Skipping such functions is not a good idea. It makes things awkward for your husband, you have to explain later, and more practically, when it is your turn to host a major event, people might stay away since you did. So, dress up nicely, go, bless the couple, say hi hello, enjoy the food and say ta ta.

2. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

that's what I did. thinking on those lines I attended,dressed v well, ate well and blessed and came back

3. bron

bron Silver IL'ite

seeing all your poat i m guess you are some insecurity or inferiority complex..better work on that

sbonigala and Bella1990 like this.
  4. indubalram

5. indubalram

6. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

May be she has insecurities may be not but instead to just say that ,u could suggest her what can she do to help her in the situation she has issue with..

7. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Just don’t think a lot .some ppl are like that they talk nice for a moment then go in there own zone of rudeness..

Best give their own medicine..

8. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Forget men...I have experienced female relatives talking and shaking hands with my husband but not with me. I also felt very bad because the husband did not even notice this behavior. Try to concentrate on other things and don't think about such incidents. It is hurtful but we can't change what has happened. Keep your mind busy.

GeetaKashyap likes this.