1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Have Another Dilemma On This Situation

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indubalram, Jun 14, 2018.

1. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

recently we attended a marriage. It was my husbands relative. my husband ,my college going daughter and me attended the wedding. his relative was my husbands cousin sister.

all said welcome to my husband and my daughter and I was neglected from beginning. and at the reception that cousins husband shook hands with my husband first ,then my daughter and at end he looked up to me and seeing my hand go forward he shook.
    The invite was sent by my husbands maami and she spoke to me over the phone and asked to come.
    Then why did they treat me that way. Is this common. I felt v bad. Should II have not attended the wedding . Pl reply. Thanks

GeetaKashyap likes this.

2. indubalram

Please reply. Bc no one is replying should I take that this is not worth discussion? Was that so bad?

3. indubalram

Why did u like this? Oh please answer

4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Sometimes such things happen unintentionally also. Otherwise friendly men suddenly become too formal and behave as if talking to a female friend or a relative is a sin. The problem is with him, enjoy; don't whip yourself.

Everyone faces such moments. The reasons could range from anything like some past issue, some intentional/unintentional slight, being blurred by the busy activities, bias and so on. Shake your head and allow all these niggling doubts fall aside, don't spare even a minute more to such insignificant events or thoughts. Try consciously, you will get over it. Don't let it take the roots in your mind.

5. indubalram

6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Indu,

You are really upset by this event. Please don't be. Change your paradigm; instead of pitying yourself, pity them. Think what kinds of pressures they must be undergoing or they might have themselves faced some slights. Whatever happened just reflects that person's stress reaction and it is nothing personal.;)

See how your changed thinking relieves you. Try.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  7. YoGirl

YoGirl Gold IL'ite

Happens in my case most of the time..
    Being a woman, married and having a kid ... some men are not so comfortable in shaking hands, etc. all they try to do is just smile.. which means a handshake, a hello and conveys thanks for coming.

Women are just looked as someone who tagged along with husband.. not as a primary attendee.. thats sucks!!

8. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

World is like a mirror.... If you smile the world smiles back at you... . Was your behaviour very approachable at the party.. ....A smile on your face, a hearty laughter are all very infectious.. .. Sometimes we need to analyse ourselves instead of judging the situation

9. beingmom

beingmom Silver IL'ite

It's possible that the folks were so busy that they were not able to give you their best attention in the marriage time. I'd give the benefit-of-doubt this time especially if they were good with you in other occasions.

10. indubalram