1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I have a complicated situation and could use some advice.

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by uslady, Dec 10, 2011.

1. RJMK

RJMK Silver IL'ite

This thread is very disturbing..Please as a responsible mother and grandmother..DO SOMETHING FOR GOD'S SAKE.

2. uslady

uslady New IL'ite

This whole thing is very disturbing to me too, thank you all for replying. I have to be very careful, as IG threatens almost every day to take his children back to India. His family is well to do and kind , but don't think he can do anything wrong. There is something wrong with both these parents, but we have tried so hard to protect the kids. I just don't know what his family in India would "see" if he moved them there. My cousin will not let her son be alone with IG as she found her 10 year old son sitting on his lap playing video games, something that isn't approved of here when you don't really know a child. We just don't know what to do!

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

USLady,

You seem to be really in a tough spot.

IG acting cheeky with your younger daughter is certainly not acceptable and although there are certain proverbs that tease the younger sister of the wife as half a wife, in practice it is nothing more than banter. If he is trying to hide behind that as culture to harass your daughter it is not acceptable.

Bathing with kids also sounds strange.

But a kid sitting on his lap or having his daughter sleeping in the same bed is certainly not seen as strange - unless of course you have some evidence that he is misbehaving with them.