1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I feel lucky today (sushi)

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by sushi, Dec 13, 2011.

1. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

HTML:

For long I have been searching for an old letter from Kalki which I had kept it as a treasure but somehow was not able to locate the same. The letter dated 21/3/1997 was from Kalki magazine and it was the intimation of my winning one soevreign gold (8 grams gold) for my article in their magazine. The gyst of the article was about a child of drunken parents .

Today I was going through my old office documents and'Voila' I found my treassure and the same is prensted for your eyes here with the gold bracelet I had selected from balu jwellers from where I was to collect my 8 grams gold. The letter in Tamil mentions about my winning the weekly writing contest and have been awarded one sovereign gold which I have to collect from Balu Jwellers after showing this letter as proof - and also congratulating me. That was the first sovereign gold won by me from a magazine and afterwards I won two sovereigns of gold from,Aananda Vikaten in 2008 . Now I want share my happiness of finding my treasure with you all my friends.

[​IMG]

and this is the bracelet i got from Balu jwellers after my hubby also contributed some more gold for my achievment.

[​IMG]

Now presently I am so happy i am just tapping my toes to the tune of

'Why this kolaveri kolaveri kolaveri di"

Attached Files:

3 people like this.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Great!!!! Congratulations for getting the prize and finding this letter after long time. Are you still writing stories for the magazines?

Good luck. Hope you frame this letter and hang it on the wall of your living room. More people can appreciate it and that will motivate them to follow their dreams.

CL

1 person likes this.
  3. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Thanks CL. Ofcourse I have been writing a lot and some get published too. I received two sovereigns gold for my two articles in Anandavikatan too in 2008. ( Soon I will scan and post the article too im IL)

Many times my small writeups have appreared in Mangayar Malar too and recemt one is I received the prize of a saree for a dhamaka comtest in Mangayar malar. Details I will write im IL too soom.

Thanks for the motivation given by you to me CL and I love coffee too thanks again

1 person likes this.
  4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sushi

I don't know what is written in those paper clipping. It has to be something very important that you have got it for your wonderful writings.
    Congrats for that, And all the very best to get many such awards in your life.
    [​IMG]

5. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Thanks Dear Aruna,

That piece of paper (for me a treasure) is the intimation from Magazine kalki regarding my winning the weekly writing contest. While congratulating, they have also mentioned that I have won 1 sovereign (8 grams) gold which I am supposed to collect as article from Balu Jwellers at T Nagar, Chennai.
    The second picture shows the gold bracelet I took from Balu Jwellers after my hubby invested some more gold in appreciation of my winning the contest.

I really appreciate your visiting my thread even though you did not understand the language.

thanks again.

sushi

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Sushi. That is so wonderful. Wishing you many more such prizes. :)

7. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

That s great to hear.. Congratulations Sushi