1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Dunno

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:You have emphasised the beauty is not onlyexternal but also in the innerds .
    2. Molecules atoms electron in orbit in a pre determined distance from nucleus. I agree in toto that a scientist has a wider and broader vision of beauty.
    3. Scientists unravel aesthetics concealed in core of the matter, living or inert . A Mere nature lover from earth might enjoy the beauty of moon from a distance but an Armstrong landing and enjoying the beauty of moon and earth as well; he watched earth raise and earth set from moon.. beauty perhaps redefined . Science enhances the scope of beauty and its understanding.
    Thanks and Regards.

satchitananda likes this.
  2. Thyagarajan

:hello:Madam sister, Am absolutely stand convinced with your annotation appears in highlighted area in your response under reply. Thank you.
    Regards.
    God Bless.

3. Thyagarajan

:hello:That reminds me of my connection with director of NFA Pune during the yeears 1978-83, when every time he returns from a foreign film festival at then Bombay and taken me to his office to watch and wonder films of the world a two Pune.
    Thanks for nostalgia.

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

"I Dunno" about you, but even if I knew something, if I don't continue to feel the wonder and joy I feel that something is not right. Knowing is not equal to 'knowing'. If one knows truly, there is never any room to loose wonder and joy - it only increases. Honest to god, even as I type, my inner being is going "look who is talking!" :facepalm: No seriously, but thankfully on days I slip I need to look at my munchkins, yes the same old students and I am snapped back to reality, of wonder and joy!

I am not sure if I have shared this earlier, but here it is in it's simplified version. "Once a group of scientists made man using the sand of the beaches. They took the man to god and said with enthusiasm and pride "Look god, what we have made! A man like just you have made!" God is pleased, praises them and then says "Now go figure out how to make that sand!" - this is not about god or scientists, but to remind myself that if I don't inculcate that sense of wonder (or kill it or allow then to) in my children - yes my own and my students I am not doing something right!

Now that you have made us wonder about things that we may know and not know, hope that responses have given you some joy :)

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

'Knowing is not equal to "knowing" '. That sums it up beautifully Sabitha. But unfortunately it is not the same for everyone. Probably we are looking at it through 'adult' eyes. Look at it from a child's point of view. A kid is enamoured with a toy for a while. After a while (s)he tires of it. Another is intrigued by the workings of some toy and opens it up to find out what is inside. Once (s)he knows, (s)he moves on to another one. The fascination for the first toy is gone. It is now 'known' too closely to retain the same degree of fascination or interest. I don't know, maybe I might be wrong in my assessment. But that is what hit me in that moment when I saw the scene I mentioned in my OP.

And of course, I am always delighted when there are more responses, more ideas floating around and more for the mind to play around with.

Srama and Thyagarajan like this.
  6. Thyagarajan

:argue::hello:My thoughts went back to Greek scientists Kepler Copernicus Aristottle Galileo all in that order defending the other for some time and then denying and religion church king intervened and Galileo punished for his beliefs. Allfor knowing plants and their status or position in the universe And Which is revolving around what. Perfect knower is none as all truths at some point of time revisited redefined understood differently. Perfect knower is only the great Designer! I wanted to take the discussion to a higher plane and hence the revisit.
    Regards.