1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I dont "LIKE" it!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mansimahi, Jan 11, 2012.

1. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

True Kamalji...internet is making strangers out of neighbours and people who live close to us., and on the net, the courtesies that we expect from a friend is totally done away with. People announce to the whole world what they ate, where they went and what they are doing - giving the world live updates of their life... while ignoring people sitting right next to them... like you said - strange world and stranger people!!!
    Thanks.

2. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

I was afraid to 'like' the original post hence liked yours, he he he...its really nice thread, am still smiling

3. rsk11584

rsk11584 Silver IL'ite

Hi friends, actually seems all feel that LIKE is only like but in Facebook lingo , LIKE literally means they have read the comment of the poster and are with the poster in times of grief, or happiness.

So a like for flu or sickness means i know you are sick , get well soon.

Someone posting my grandpa died LIKE it (means am with you in your sorrow) sad it is but this is the way people have modified use of like button, so instead of writing a comment ( am so sorry your grandpa died may he RIP) they click LIKE .

But apart from the person who likes the post, the poster is to blame for posting such stupid personal news on FB like death of someone or sickness, or just circulating some missing child or FB will give 1$ for every share for some child who has cancer, etc posts.

To dislike on FB first like then you can dislike it :)

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Dear M,
    I completely echo your feelings (dis-"like") on the use of like button in FB or so.
    People of this age has lost the mind or time to figure out a few words to connect with people. So what-ever button is available to them, they use, without even thinking of its applicability there. They are always running [​IMG] for something else, when even reading a post or clicking the "like" button.

I think FB now should think of putting buttons like [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG], [​IMG][​IMG] and stuff.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Anyuna

Anyuna Silver IL'ite

:bowdownI really enjoyed your post and waiting for those fantastic buttons that kalyani ji mentioned above to appear there .aaaaaaaaaw what a wonderful thought.:cheers

1 person likes this.
  6. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

wow..how i wish we had those buttons... i hope some brightspark at facebook comes up with these buttons soon... until then we have to live with those "click happy" people :)

7. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Thats an idea - like first and unlike it - to convey the msg that we did not like the post :) thanks.

8. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Oh..Mansi! Mansi!

I was nonplussed initially when I came across the concept of 'like' in IL. What does it stand for?
    I cannot say that I am totally clear now and every time I press that button - it is for a different reason.

Your post got me thinking, er..what does a like mean when a person is hospitalized in a catatonic state but still sends periodic updates on FB. I like the fact that you are still ALIVE somewhere!

Mansi, I love the humour you imbibe in all your posts with subtle sarcasm..:crazy

Likeable and lovable post which all of us can easily relate to...:thumbsup

9. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

I found out that if you click "Like" in face Book, it means that you read the posting. It doesn't mean that you really like the posting.

Over here, I get likes when I give my feed back. the member who posts the thread doesn't want to waste her/his time to reply back to me. Especially if they don't agree with me. But they have time to reple back to the people who supports them or just click "Like". I stopped giving feed backs to lots of people. I don't mind if they don't like to give the feed back, but it irritates me to see when I get the "like" from them. If I am wrong, please let me know. Thanks.

Thanks.

10. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Thanks Uttara :)