1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I dont "LIKE" it!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mansimahi, Jan 11, 2012.

1. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Thanks to facebook, the “like” button is everywhere. I feel there are people out there who sincerely believe they ought to “like” everything because they have a unlimited free supply of the like button for a lifetime. Anything and everything you post ... they “like” it as if that was the sole purpose of their existence in the list of friends. :bowdown

The other day, a friend posted that she had met with an accident and is now in the hospital with a fractured foot - there were 7 “ likes” within 10 minutes. More than commiserating comments, there were “ likes” to the post. :idontgetit: C’mon i thought, what is there to like ...the poor girl is in pain and here we are “liking” it. Wouldn’t a comment of support or wishes for speedy recovery be more meaningful and appropriate...but NO... “like” is enough.:bonk

Then there is this application in facebook, which predicts when and how we will die. This friend tried this application and posted the results which ominously declared that she would die in couple of weeks.... so what does she get? 10 likes!! :bang The fact that my apparently cheerful friend was having a death wish and was trying to find how she will die didn’t bother me as much as those “likes” did ... I mean, What the hell? What kind of sick friends did she have anyway? :shock:

Another one posted about a missing girl appealing friends to share the 'photo with details' to help locate the missing child...but no guesses for what he got – 20+ likes but no share. I wanted to yell, “share the details instead of liking it, you morons!!!” :eek:spin

So folks, after my rant about the “likes”, i will not be surprised if you just don’t “like” this post at all!! :bowdown

20 people like this.

2. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

:rotflHa ha Ha..Very Humorous..I was smiling throughout reading ur post and i must say that i LIKE ur post..:thumbsup:rotfl
    I m juost waiting to see how much LIKE ur post is going to recieve..:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  3. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

So Mansi, here I am, not disappointing you nor surprising you, starting my first fb with my first 'like'.:thumbsup
    You are ranting on these unpurposeful 'likes' and I am here to give a 'like' very much purposefully.:hide:
    Hmmmmmmm................... seems everyones minds got accustomed to give 'likes' rather responding in a proper way to the posts.:bonk

P.S. Oopss......seems nihasvin has snatched the ball from me to give the first 'like', while I am busy pooling up my words. So mine became 2nd fb.

Latha.

1 person likes this.
  4. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

sumitha,
    even i was thinking the same about that missing girl and even after she was found people were just blindly commenting without reading the fact that she was found...
    i feel there should be a dislike option too on Face Book..
    this came as a forward..may be u have seen it: one girl had posted that Had idly and coffee for breakfast and there were so many likes!! i mean what else does one have for brkfst..

5. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

hahaha...thanks nihasvin ...for visiting and "liking" my post and giving a lovely fb!

6. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Sumitha dear I also like your post and true instead of giving like if they respond to the post anyone will be happy

7. smileAlways

smileAlways Gold IL'ite

Hahaha... I can't stop laughing..I really "like" this post..

8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi mansi,

you just beat me to this topic as it has been in my mind the last two days. My bro's FB status shows sick with flu and fever( now why he would want to declare that to the whole world is beyond me and anyway not what we are discussing right now) and I was stunned to see 48 likes and 30 comments the last time I checked....and it really had me LOL.
    the ones you quoted had me :rotfl.

9. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

should I like or unlike this post?

10. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sumitha when I read the title came in to see what does our dear doesn't like it...hehehe
    just the other day I posted a thread on likes, just wanting to know what does our friends think about like and LOL here you are with it telling us that you don't like these like's button ehh.......
    Your post was homourous one on this like.
    Might be they have clicked on like to let the person know that I have read you are sick or that i have read the news that you have put up.
    But it really sounds funny when someone hits the like button when a person has put that he/she is sick or someone is dead. Just imagine someone's dear one is dead and you press the like button:bonk
    This like is really confusing:rant

1 person likes this.