1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I dedicate this to all DILs.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kishoremommy, Jan 2, 2012.

1. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

. Good ones kishoremommy. That too soniya joke i laughed non stop.

1 person likes this.
  2. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

ha ha ha nice!specially first one what a logic!

1 person likes this.
  3. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Good one Kishoremommy :D :D :D

1 person likes this.
  4. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

good one....

1 person likes this.
  5. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

Enjoyed reading...........good one

1 person likes this.
  6. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Hahahaa.......... nice joke kishoremommy.
    I don't remember any such real life jokes from my life but I do remember one which was told by our English lecturer when in college. He was travelling by train once and the person sitting beside him was reading some legal notice and our lecturer just peeped out of curiosity. Seeing it, the person told our lecturer that it was written in English and hence our lecturer cannot understand it. All of our class had a big laugh listening to it.

Latha.

1 person likes this.
  7. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Very good jokes ...could not stop laughing .......:rotfl:rotfl

Can imagine your situation when you spoke about F tv ..:)

1 person likes this.
  8. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Spuppala,Manjubashini,Soumedh,Raba,Riyakathir,Anurar20,Vchelluri and Anisu.

Many funny incidents are happening in our day to day life.Either we pass them unnoticed or we don't remember them.The following incident happened when I was 10 years old and is still fresh in my memory because of the characters involved.My grand pa and grandma.I always have a special love and respect for both of them. Without a single penny in hand they started their life.

Grand pa worked as a salesman in a relative's shop and soon started his own shop in our town.By his hard work he grew into a big general merchant.Grandma did tailoring work at house itself.Besides,stitching,she taught tailoring too.Till her death she lived on the money earned by her.Our whole family should follow them as our role models.

My elder son was born with my grandma's raasi and nakshathra and my second son was born with my grandpa's raasi and nakshathra.We take it as their blessings.

Back to the incident,
    A lady who was my grandma's regular customer borrowed Rs.500 with a promise of repaying within a week..But she never turned up even after two months.Being in a small town with not much shops around,almost everybody in our place happened to be our shop's customer.

Grandma asked my grandpa to ask the borrower to repay when she came to our shop.Daily,she would nag him saying "Did that lady come?Have you told her to repay?".

Unable to tolerate this ,grandpa said ,"She won't come hereafter.She died last week.".

After few months,one day when grandma was walking in the road,she happened to meet the lady face to face.Shocked,she asked "Haven't you died yet.". {Nee innum saagaliyaa}.That lady with an angry expression went away.

That very evening itself the borrower came back with the money and gave it to grandma saying in an angry tone ,"Do you want me to die for Rs.500.I won't set my foot in this house hereafter.".

We all were laughing.And grandma picking up fight with grandpa for lying is a separate story.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    OMG!! Asking someone 'Haven't you died yet?'!!! I couldn't stop laughing... thanks for sharing dear...

cheers,
    Ani

1 person likes this.
  10. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Ani.

Not only adults but kids make so many funny things that really bring colors to our life.My elder son was in LKG,when this happened.

Every time, he gets a star or good remarks in his class work ,we encourage him by clapping cheerfully or with hugs.One day he showed his notebook corrected with his teacher's signature.There were two stars and a good remark.I was so happy and clapped my hands.

Later,when my husband came home,I showed him proudly,"See,Kishore has got two stars and good.".

On seeing the notebook he said,"What is this?Good is written goob.".

Only then I noticed that the spelling is GOOB and the teacher's sign is in red ink and the remarks are in pencil.

I flipped through the pages and found so many stars in the last page.

Actually he was practicing stars in the last page.At that time he was confused about p and 9,b and d.So,he himself has drawn the stars and has written good as goob.

When asked about this ,he was smiling sheepishly.

Even now, when he brings progress card we tease him saying "What have you got this time.Double star ,Goob?".