I Cannot Update My Recipes Index Thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by Satlak, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Satlak

Satlak Gold IL'ite

i have been posting media of recipes that I make and am getting requests for posting recipes. So I started this recipes index thread after posting a few recipes. Then I realised that I cannot edit the thread to update it in case I post new recipes. Is it possible to edit my thread?

2. Naari

Naari Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP,

Threads/posts cannot be edited after a few hours have elapsed. Wouldn't it be better to just post your recipe in the comments as a first comment in each of your food media? I was thinking of suggesting to you, as it would be quite handy for readers to look at the recipe on the same page as the food pic, instead of having to go look for that item in the recipe index and then going to the recipe link.

3. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Except you are not allowed to link to external blogs owned by you. It is considered a form of self-promotion. Unless of course you seek admin approval before doing so.

@Satlak Take a look at this thread. It shows one way of adding new links to an index.

Links only - Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

You don't need to update the parent post every time you post a new recipe. You can add links to new recipes in subsequent posts. You could copy over the entire index with the updated recipe highlighted. That way folks will know what is new. People will refer to the last post of the thread to access the latest version of your recipe index.

Only moderators and admins have the ability to edit posts that are more than 3 hours old.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    Induslady and Satlak like this.
  4. Satlak

Satlak Gold IL'ite

Thank you. I have been toying with the idea of starting a food blog. I think it's time to get down to actually blogging now. Thank you for this response.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2017
  5. Satlak

Satlak Gold IL'ite

Oh ok. Thank you . I did not know that editing threads is not allowed.