1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I behind the curtain!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ibehindcurtain, Jan 28, 2012.

1. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

I Belive, that is a difficult transition to make...and only you can decide what you can live with...or should I say that it is determined by what you can't live with. Take a decision that sits well with you, not others...they don't live your life. Once you take a decision, try not to look back.

1 person likes this.
  2. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Instead of a complete separation, why don't you try to be in the house and live a separate life?Ignore your hubby's tantrums and do not expect anything from him.That way atleast you will have a nest for your kids when you are away for work.

1 person likes this.
  3. Ibehindcurtain

Ibehindcurtain Senior IL'ite

Thank you Flower lady,

I have already started sleeping in separate bedroom. Further, I have also applied for one graduation course in my field. Thank you for your kind thinking. I am feeling that I have chosen right path by starting to do this.

4. Ibehindcurtain

Thank you Lathamaganti,

I would certainly think about the prestige (for what I have taken years to achieve) before I move forward. I am feeling very good that my IL friends are pointing on all important aspects that I should consider while taking any decision. Thanks. It would help.

5. Ibehindcurtain

Thank you teacher. I am giving myself a trial time of 3 months now to take a final decision. I would keep documenting what I am doing for my life and what I am doing for others life. What is helpful and what is not helpful.

After then, whatever decision, I would take, I would not try to look back. I promise. Thank you teacher. Thank you for the supportive words for all IL friends who are being my spirit boosters.

6. Ibehindcurtain

You are right. I have already started sleeping in the next room. In this situation, however, I am afraid for two things Bhuvnidhi.
    1) Because of the demoralization, I may not be able to focus on important things that I choose for my life.
    2) My children, who are really precious to me, would have two wrong role models at home. Father using abusive language and mother sleeping in the room apart and ignoring the father.

I liked your signature quote which is so positive and helpful. It says that problems are likely to be there, what I need to do is cultivate more problem handling skills. Become more positive of reaching to my destination walking on the same path?

My goal has been always my family and this is about choosing family or self respect.

I have chosen to document the events and efforts of mine or others and know what is being helpful in my goals. I would live a trial time for 3 months and avoiding taking quick decisions for my life considering how badly it would impact my kids life in case if I make any wrong decision.

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Ibehindcurtain:
    From your responses I sense that you have not had a decision of your own since you popped out of your mom. Either family or what you supposed to be public opinion have made all your decisions. Do you know who you are? I would suggest going to counselling to work on that...it may affect your decisions.

I am not saying that pride and being a good person are not good attributes but they can also be bad attributes. You can be a slave to both. You are worried about what other people think, what they will think of your kids, etc etc etc and so again you are letting someone else (in this case imaginary someone else's) make your deicisions. At some point you need to risk....just make it a sensible risk. But life is not perfect, you are not perfect, your kids are not perfect....just deal with it and make the best life you can.

5 people like this.
  8. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

Hi IBC,
    You seem to be a nice timid lady and thats why your DH is ill-treating you like a doormat. Unless you toughen up nothing going to change.
    Stop caring for what people think, actually nobody cares , yoour H should also bother about family name not you alone.
    Sleeping in different bedrooms is quite common, dont ignore your DH , just do the needful , take care of your home and kids.
    At least this way there is peace at home and the kids are with both parents.
    Kids are very perceptive and can sense if Mom is sad , this way you will be happy.
    If your DH tries to make amends then accept it with grace.
    Even he knows that you care for the kids and will not leave him thats why he is making you suffer.
    Stick to your conditions of no abuse .
    You have a right to live there with dignity and respect.
    When H sees a change in your behaviour he will try to repair the marriage.
    Take care.

1 person likes this.
  9. Ibehindcurtain

I think, you are absolutely right. I would certainly go to counselling. I really want to know who I am and I really want to start taking decisions which I can really trust on. I would take the counselor's appointment tomorrow only. Thank you dear.

10. Ibehindcurtain

Hi Flowerlady,
    Thank you your comments. Please tell me more. what do you mean by the word 'needful'. Does that only mean 'warning him for his behavior'? Thats it? Does that mean that I should continue my duties and should warn him not to abuse me verbally? Can I also tell him that I also need emotional support and a caring husband? I had told him that I want him to work as a team with me. I want some body to care me. What should I do further if it did not help?

Do you know Flower lady, he has so many younger brothers who are more qualified and good looking than he is. He knows how much his brothers do for their wives and he does tell me all this stuff. I wonder, why could not he even change a bit for his marriage life!

I was a very simple girl before marriage. I learnt dressing as per his choice. I learnt doing make up and completely changed my looks for his happiness. I joined the cooking class, sewing class to learn some lessons to be good wife. I read the book of Dorothy Dale carnegie and tried every best to follow the things which would make him happy.

If I am more good looking than all other daughter in laws of the family, if I am more dedicated in the household, if I always allow him to speak when we go out or anybody comes at our home, I feel, what more does he want! Why is he still not happy!