I am so worried, Please help!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by rosita19, Dec 10, 2011.

1. rosita19

rosita19 New IL'ite

Hello friends,

I desperately need to hear from someone who has gone through something similar or knows someone who has.

When I had gone for my 12week ultrasound, the doctor couldnt see the nasal bone and also noticed that the blood flow to the heart was not normal. Which put my baby at a higher risk for Down Syndrome. Doctor suggested us, we do Chorionic villus sampling (CVS). Which we did and the results came negative, and we were ofcourse very happy and stress free.

I then went for an ultrasound at 16weeks. The doc checked the heart and it was all perfect this time however they still could see the nasal bone.

I again had an ultrasounf yesterday, i am 20 weeks pregnant now. Yesterday the doc did a detailed check on the heart and it was perfect but there was still no nasal bone. They then did a detailed check of the baby's body and brain etc. Everything is growing perfect and seems good. But the absent nasal bone is worrying my doc.

She now has suggested me to go for an Amniocentesis and its side effect can be a miscarriage :(
    But she also added that because all her body parts are growing perfectly and the CVS test has been done and it was negative, It might also be that my baby will have a small nose. Its just a facial feature and no abnormalities.

Friends, I am so worried, has anyone gone through this. Does anyone have a normal baby born,, who didnt have a nasal bone in the ultasound. Does the nasal bone grow at later stages???? any kind of experience, news, suggestion,,, just ANYTHING will make me feel better.

I live in the US and i have heard from my friends here that the doctors here do worry abt everything and give us stress. is it so???? even if it,, it doesnt make me any less stressed.

2. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

am not sure on this, but don't worry as u say they may worry even for the small thing? Did you try to do an ultrasound from a different center not from the doctor's office and get a second opinion?
    Be positive and everything would be normal.

3. priyanka2009

priyanka2009 New IL'ite

Dear rosita , I can understand what you must be going thru as for my first dd docs could not see the nasal bone in the normal scan. So at 20 weeks scan they asked us to do the 3d scan where nasal bone was seen. Also I had been asked to the blood test ( triple marker test) , which was negative. I am sure you must have also done that.

Pls do not worry ,chk with doc for 3d or 4d scan. Will pray for you.

4. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Rosita, I sincerely wish n pray tht ur child should be perfectly healthy... I don't know what to advice on how u need to proceed as u fear on getting an Amnio done... Pray to God... He will take care of everything n listen to what ur doc says... M sure ur LO would be a perfectly healthy baby... Take care...

5. Chandrika82

Chandrika82 Silver IL'ite

I would suggest you get a second opinion. If the other doctor also indicates absence of a nasal bone, then it would be prudent to go in for an amniocentesis. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.

6. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Rosita

DOn't worry I am sure Your Baby is going to be fine and please go head with the AMinocentisis its not harmful .ITs safe .

7. jyotika27

jyotika27 New IL'ite

[I am worried today my 12 weeks down syndrome ultra scanning resulted in absence of nasal bone absence and doctor has suggested for Amniocentesis test...is this something to go ahead with and are we confirmed with some abnormality with this result regarding absence of nasal bone....please someone help me suggest something on this ]

Hello Friends ! Has someone experienced such a thing during pregnancy ?

Is the scanning today done is something to worry about ?

And Amniocentesis test is something mandatory to go about for sure ?

[/QUOTE]