1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am so glad that inthe Colony everyone likes my singing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 11, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

During Ganesh Chaturthi Gujrati ladies were singing bhajans in our Colony. I was also told to sing bhajan and I sang in front of Lord holding the mike.

Then during aarthi time they called meto take part in aarthi . I was so happy. That gave me confidence to sing.

Now during Navratri the Gujratis are celebrating Navratri in the Colony. They have aarti in the night and the Garba and then Kolattam Yesterdy I also took part in Garba.

The owner of this house has also kept Golu. When I went for haldi kumkum she asked me to sing. She was saying you sing nicely and all the songs you sing are meaningful and I have not heard. Yesterday also she had come with her daughter to our house and instead of she singing she asked me to sing.

Also today in the Colon after aarthi I was asked to sing bhajan. Gujrathi lady told me everyday yousing one bhajan. I was happy that somewhere my music is appreciated.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Viji Akka
    Nice to know that you are enjoying the navarthri celebrations. Very happy to know that everyone apprecicates your singing. You are blessed. Too bad we cannot hear you-there is no audio posting on IL; is there?:)

3. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, you are so lucky that people appreciate your talent. Singing- I wish I can do it. Did you learn form a Guru form young age or just started singing? I love to MLV, MS, Sudha Raghunathean etc. I wouldn't say I love Carnatic music, but enjoy to hear. What color sari did you wear?

4. kAlyaniShAnti

kAlyaniShAnti IL Hall of Fame

Vijima,
    nice to know that your singing got appreciation from your friends and neighbours. Apart from your sweet and devotional voice it is also because u sang happily from your heart.

How can we get to hear that, ma?

5. jyothigandham

jyothigandham New IL'ite

happy for you viji ma...i am also a singer and i know how happy it feels when someone appreciates what we do...

6. iyerviji

Dear Kamala, Coffeelover, Kalyani and Jyothi

Thank you for your loving fb. I will write to you all individually later as I am busy with my golu

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

Dear Kamala

Thanks for your loving fb. Ya enjoyed navratri celebrations in our colony very much. You come to Mumbai and to my house to hear my song, ok va

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

Dear Coffeelover

In young age one musician taught us music but before we could learn carnatic music he stopped coming. Then hearing from others I learnt music. I know a few songs which I sing always. I dont know ragam , thalam etc. I just sing. I dont remember which colour sari I wore that day. But I am happy that I wore different kinds of saree for the nine days.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

Dear Kalyani

You have to come to Mumbai and then to my house to hear my song or I should come to your place. Lets see what is God's wish. Let us leave in his hands.

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

Dear Jyothi

Good to know that you are also a singer.

love
    viji