I am Pregnant with a 3rd child.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by mkirti, Apr 6, 2012.

1. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

OP:
    You seem to be uneducated (aka ignorant) about birth control, sexual responsibility, and family planning. You also are being very hard on your own body with all these miscarriages, let alone the thought of another abortion. I think you should make an appointment with Planned Parenthood near where you are to talk to a counselor there. They are trained in educating and helping women who are facing the dilemna you are facing and they will spend the time that a private doctor's office cannot. You can then take whatever treatment you decide where ever. I think that you need to talk to a non-biased person at this point.

I feel that just being tired is not a good enough excuse to opt for abortion and frankly three is not a great number although I do know it is work. If you opt for an abortion, please strongly consider getting your tubes tied so that you will not conceive again. It will take a lot of stress off the marriage as no more fears of unplanned pregnancies.

If you are wondering why so many posters on this thread are outraged, please read Satchi's thread:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...iction/166512-wake-up-eve-what-happening.html
    Perhaps you should think on whether you wish to continue thinking of sexual selection abortion as any positive option at all.

2. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Please don't abort the poor baby, also don't have mentality to abort a baby if its a girl and going to continue if it's boy. Nowadays they do have strict rules in aborting a baby girl unless they do have any medical reason. I don't no your financial or your family situation, dont ever think you can abort a baby in US without any proper reason. Getting pregnant is god's gift, I know you did accidentally still you got pregnant after overcomign lots of miscarriages. I just posted my views..good luck!

3. zainabsarfraz

zainabsarfraz Platinum IL'ite

A big NO from me!!! you should have decided it before acting, now when a new life has started breathing plz dont kill it...

4. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

Last month our church got together to buy an ultrasound machine for Compassion Pregnancy...the reason is that a vast majority of women who want to abort their baby change their minds when they listen to the baby's heartbeat for the first time and "see" the live form inside their womb...

OP, I find it hard to digest that for someone who has aborted, supposedly regretted the abortion, suffered through several miscarriages, was fortunate to have two children could be contemplating an abortion again. Looks like your 'regret' is not as real as you think. I don't want to judge you for your thoughts, but I cannot support it in any way. The reason is this: You need to take responsibility for your actions. It is appalling that you are not only contemplating abortion but thinking of sex-selection at the same time. Please take a moment to think about your true motives. I really don't think this is about what other people will think or say if you have 3 kids. We can give any number of suggestions or 'solutions' for your situation...we are not emotionally invested in your problem. You are. Deal with whatever fears and emotions you have in an honest way and have the courage to make the right decision. That's all.

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

OP, like many posters here have said, I would also say, don't think of aborting your child just because this is the third one. Yes, it will be hard work. But one child is already 9 years old and if you inculcate positive feelings in her towards her new sibling, she will pitch in to help you. There are many people who would give an arm and a leg for a child. Of course, I don't know what your financial situation is and what the implications of a third child are for your family.

An abortion will be a bad idea firstly because your health will be affected to start off with. Apart from that, I have one question to ask you. You are asking whether you should go for gender selection. If the physical ability to bring up 3 children or the expense involved are criteria to abort a third child, it should be the same irrespective of whether the child is a girl or a boy. Does bringing up a boy involve less effort? Is it less expensive to bring up a boy child? So, is the desire to abort the third child based on fear that it will be a girl??? You need not answer here, but ask yourself this question and answer yourself honestly. I think you will find your answer.

1 person likes this.
  6. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

Please understand that you have no right to abort a life. Its nothing less than a murder.
    Since you have already done it earlier, you know it better than me.
    So many abortions - what have you learnt from that ???
    You say you still repent for that - i say you are in an illusion that you are repenting for that.

When you are not ready to take care of the child, you should have atleast taken care not to bring a cell to life.
    You were not careful when its utmost needed, and now coming to us for "help".

None of the readers would agree to abort the child. We have to pay for our mistakes, though they are "accidents", because we are the reason for the present situation.

Somehow such thing gets to my nerves. These days there are so many things available in the market to out do the damage done by mistakes and accidents such as these. Please dont say that you dint realize or you forgot. As a woman/wife/mother, you will know no matter what. How can you claim that you dint even suspect that you might get pregnant.
    Please read through all the threads of TTC under pregnancy forum, you will know that conceiving is a boon which every woman prays for. Unfortuantely, the ones who never ask for it are usually blessed with surplus of it!!!

7. cutemonster

cutemonster Platinum IL'ite

I pity u op!!
    u dont appreciate a life , first although being in USA u dont know about the concept of family planning, if u wanted a small family then u should have used protection. all these abortions and miscarriages are bad for ur own health also.
    and about ur query of going for sex determination , if u have a boy people wont say anything even it is a third child ?? how typical indian mentality , i had posted earlier also , no education can improve gender ratio when educated people themselves know how to take advantage of technology!! u should be ashamed of ur self to ask this also!!!

1 person likes this.
  8. Mirraa03

Mirraa03 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

Please don't abort your baby. I was a member of Aug 2012 due date club..Now im no more eligible to be there..as we recently lost our precious baby boy..I felt heart broken when i heard the nurse saying, "sorry i cant hear the heart beat of your baby". Im not able to reveal this to my friends in Aug 2012 DD club as many in that DD club are first time mommies like me,this news will hurt them and hence all these days i never had the courage to post this news anywhere for that matter because this could affect any new mom-to-be.

This is the life of a new baby who is happy inside thinking her/his mom will take of her/him very well.. All babies are God's gift. So please dont abort the baby.

All my family members are still not able to come out of this shock and we miss him very badly..The smartest and cutest baby i had ever seen..My dear son, please come back soon..

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  9. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

The more i try to forget this post, the more i think of the final lines... "What should I do? Should I get checked to see if it is a Boy and if it is then carry on or should I abort no matter whether it is a girl or a boy. "

You must be ashamed of calling yourself a well educated working woman living in a country like US. What kind of values are you teaching your kids.
    Now i doubt if you wantedly aborted all those pregnancies after your first kid, may be they are all girl children. Who knows !!.
    And finally you had no more strength to go for another abortion and hence accepted another girl child.
    I may siund harsh here and my words might be sharp.. but this is what i feel is reality.
    Now when you are pregnant again, you have your wish list in place once again. How easy it is to kill an innocent life.. just becasue you feel its not easy to bring it up. And the worst part is its all biased on gender!!!
    Such a pathetic situation!!!!
    I dont think yoou need our opinion for such an issue!! you have already made a decision and just want to know what others think about it. Am sure you would abort the kid based on gender and all our repplies will go down the drain.

10. PriyaDominic

PriyaDominic Gold IL'ite

Dear mkriti,
    I have a sis who is 11 years younger to me and she is the driving force for all of us in our life.
    We cannot imagine a life without her though we are 4 at home.

This child, be it boy or girl is going to be the real blessing to the family. Pregnancy is not by chance it is always Gods gift.... so take heart and go ahead

Love
    PriyaDominic