I am Pregnant with a 3rd child.

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by mkirti, Apr 6, 2012.

1. mkirti

mkirti New IL'ite

Hi,
    I am now 32 years old and have two daughters. My elder daughter is 9 years old. An year after my 1<SUP>st</SUP> daughter was born I got pregnant and I was really not ready for a 2<SUP>nd</SUP> child immediately so I went ahead and aborted the pregnancy. After that I was not able to conceive for 7 years. I had many miscarriages during these 7 years and I felt very bad for aborting my pregnancy after my 1<SUP>st</SUP> child was born. Two years back I got pregnant and gave birth to a beautiful girl. We are all very happy.
    Now I came to know that I am pregnant again, but I really don’t want to have a 3<SUP>rd</SUP> child. I don’t want to go for abortion as I still repent for what I did 7 years ago. I am a working mom and honestly do not have the energy to take care of 3 children. we live in the USA, here 3 kids are socially accepted but in India these days people are having only 1 kid. What will people say when we go back….I know I should not be thinking about what people will say but we live in a society will all kind of people.
    I am in a dilemma? What should I do? Should I get checked to see if it is a Boy and if it is then carry on or should I abort no matter whether it is a girl or a boy.
    Please help me. Let me know your opinion.

2. sangea

sangea Silver IL'ite

Come on, You are so blessed.
    Whether its india or US, jus imagine how ur three kids will enjoy playing with themselves.
    And one more, Ur elder daughter is 9 yrs old, jus few more yrs she ll be pamper ur youngest. coz I have a sis with 10 yrs of difference. I take care of her like a second mother.
    Havent u seen posts like hving single child and looking for play dates....Its jus my opiniong, pls ignore if u r not with it

3 people like this.
  3. sashacurios

sashacurios Silver IL'ite

Who said now a days people have only 1 kid! i am in my early twenties and everyone who i know(of my age) like to have 3 kids now... having siblings is a gift you can give your kids... they will have support later in life... i have my sisters and friends who are working and taking care of kids who are just a year apart... where there's a will there's a way... nothing is impossible! Its one of the greatest blessings of God!

6 people like this.
  4. dreamzz812

dreamzz812 New IL'ite

mkriti..all I can say is you are very lucky ..God has blessed you..At the age of 32, you are blessed with 3rd bundle of joy..

5. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Please don't abort.whatever reason it happened it has happened so try to keep the baby no matter if it's girl or a boy .you are only 32 years old and don't worry about what others might think .having multiple abortions will take a toll on your health as well.please keep the baby

1 person likes this.
  6. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

How I envy you! I wanted to have 3 kids (irrespective of the gender) but since we live in India and population is a big problem here , hubby said educated ppl like us should not go for a third one. Plus I had 2 c-sections(due to high gestational hypertension)- so my doc did not want me to go for a 3rd c-section. :-(((
    I'm blessed with a girl & boy and am now sterilised after my second delivery.
    Pls don't abort- your baby will be a sunshine in your lives.
    Takecare.

2 people like this.
  7. Borntolive

Borntolive New IL'ite

Hi Mkirti,
    please don't opt for abortion. try to make some arrangement's by asking your parents or In-laws to come and help you until you settle down with the new baby routine. Since you have one elder child I think it should be manageable. In worst case you can hire a nanny for some time. you are the best judge but in my opinion please continue the pregnancy and enjoy that you are going to have a beautiful child soon.

Thanks
    Laxmi

8. 27csweetangel

27csweetangel Silver IL'ite

Wow,32 and expecting 3rd child..please there are so many women of your age but still not blessed with the first ones!!Abortion is definitely not advisable ..things will work out..Its not good for your health too.But in future do something to not get pregnant.There are procedures for that

9. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I don't know what situation you are in in terms of finance and health. Since you are already settled in US then it shouldn't be a problem to rise 3rd child. When you visit occasionally to India - people talk as many said population is the main concern in India and cost going higher and higher so bringing up 1-2 is big . So they envy you that's it.

10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

You already did a mistake of not having protected sex, ending up aborting the baby and then repenting for 7 years.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012