1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Lost Without You

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 22, 2020.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I am lost without you
    I need you, I miss you, where r you. I am absent minded, lost, anxious when you are not there and cant help. I feel lost without you. But in a hurry I misplace you and start searching everywhere. Never thought it would be hard without you.A day without you is like a day without sunshine. My eyes wait for your return, please help me to find you soon. If you were a mobile I would have given a call so that I can find you wherever you are.

You all must be thinking whom I am missing so much. I misplace my spectacles sometimes and go searching for it everywhere. This happens when someone rings the bell, or someone calls me, I just keep it somewhere and forget where I kept. Without the specs I cant read so I miss it very much. I think when you become senior citizen it happens. I am always careful with my things but this specs sometimes makes me search the whole house.

Whenever I misplace it I think next time I should keep it on the computer table but then I forget.

2. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@viji ma, I feel you, it happens to me all the time.

Such a mad rush sometimes when I am rushing to work and I cannot find it. If there was a find my glasses app , I would save so much time and stress, :)

Thyagarajan, iyerviji and Amulet like this.
  3. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

I forget my phone many times that was also the habit of my father. Before marriage I used to tell him to keep it carefully and why he do that always and now my kids say mummy always forgets her phone and we have to find that always. :)

Thyagarajan, iyerviji and nakshatra1 like this.
  4. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

There are plenty of beaded spectacle neck-wear one could buy from Amazon.in, like these:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    On both ends of the chain, there are elastic loops to slip through the two ear-pieces.

When @iyerviji sits down to one of her jewellery projects the next time, she could make herself an eye-glass hanger, so that her glasses are always on her own person.

I used to wear such a chain with my safety eye glasses hanging on that -- when I am in an office and not on a factory floor or machine shop. At one time, this was considered "old lady" or "librarian" look. Not at all fashionable. But now, it is just HOT HOT HOT.... young girls wear it...espcially for sunglasses, and on the beach..... Like this one
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
    Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

There is a smartphone app called "Findy" -- that is linked (by bluetooth) to a tiny eyeglass attachment when Findy is launched to find the eyeglasses. What is Findy and How dose it help you to find your glasses?

Thyagarajan and iyerviji like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijiakka,

I have developed a habit from my young age to keep keys, glasses, wallet, hand kerchiefs, etc. that are needed before I leave from home in one place. I retrieve that from one place before leaving home and put it back in the same place after returning home. This habit comes very handy as I never look for these items regularly. However, the risk I encounter is when I am hit with some surprising news or disappointing news occasionally, overwhelmed with that emotion I place these items in a different place. When I do, I keep looking at my regular place without searching elsewhere because my mind tells me I wouldn't have placed it elsewhere. When it happens, Shoba teases me the most for priding about my incredible habit of placing it in one place as I make fun of her and my son whenever they search for something. So much for the discipline!

iyerviji and sarvantaryamini like this.
  7. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Just when I was thinking I am thinking too much by asking her to put a sensor on the specs, you beat me to it. Don't you think it's a bit too much :grinning:. @Vijima, hahaha, no one to help with your search? I can understand, when I had specs I too faced this quite a bit. I used to have this problem with my keys, then I started putting it in the same spot every time. Nowadays, I don't have a problem because I always look for it in the same spot by default. Although with specs it could be a different issue because you can remove them any time unlike keys.

iyerviji likes this.
  8. sarvantaryamini

sarvantaryamini Gold IL'ite

Same here, if I have misplaced something it means I was thinking about something intensely when I was using it.

iyerviji likes this.
  9. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

Wow, that looks so cool. Let me hint hint to people around me, so they can gift me one. After all they are the ones that are annoyed by my frantic searching...

PS - is there anything you dont know ? :)

iyerviji and Amulet like this.
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

I got a gift like that for my keychain. I have been meaning to replace the dud battery in that for a while. :facepalm: Life is so complex!
    There is plenty that google and wikipedia is yet to tell me.

iyerviji and SunPa like this.