1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am happy. Is it wrong ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swarnalata.N.S., Jan 31, 2012.

1. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

I am not good in writing nicely. But like to share thoughts. Today I read a thread that said we become happy and sad for no reason. Yes, I also have same experience. Then I thought further, about our complete personalities . Personalities are also happy or unahppy, for no reason I think. Some people have happy faces ( I always think of Actress Khushboo, such a sweet, open happy face) and some, having everything also, look like ghosts.

I am generally happy. I find small small things in life that make me happy. I am middle class housewife, many things I don't have. But what I have makes me happy. Is that wrong ? Because , one relative told me too much contentment will stop all progress. Meaning, if I am happy with what I have, my husband will not have motivate to earn more it seems. I dont know about that. And she also says, if I dont ask him for this and that, he will stop giving attention and take me granted it seems.

Another thing, I have no great ambitions. Life is going ok on whole, I am ok with it. I don't really want a bungalow on seaside or go to foreign trips. When I see others making plans and goals, I get scared like : whats wrong with me ? Even my husband says, if all people are like you, world will come to stop.:bonk

Yes, I have interests. But they pass. If it happens, well and good. Does not happen , ok forget it. Some people in the family say I am dull and like vegetable. But I try to be dynamic and change the world type. Yes, I feel sad for poor beggars and street children , i get angry with rotten politicians, but coming inside house, I become happy , playing with my son, doing some handwork.

I read many books by philosophers and all. They all say, our inner self are made from Anandam.( happiness). I dont know if my general happiness is same as that inner happiness. But I am happy that I am happy. But people think I am strange, even if generally all people keep advising " Dont Worry Be Happy".

Tell me , is it wrong to be happy ? Or am I some crack ?

sindmani, coolgal123, iman and 25 others like this.

2. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Oh I absolutely loved your post...and the way you ended with a question...made me log in even though I know I have a ton of work to do...

You are lucky...a lot of people never find that inner voice that says they are happy. Besides, you should do things because you like to do those. If travel is not up your aisle, then you shouldn't! As for changing the world, can there be a bigger illusion than that? We can only change ourselves and others change only when they want to.

I am glad to hear from someone who is happy being herself:)

As for writing nicely...you express your thoughts very well...isn't the purpose of writing clear and effective communication?

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Swarna,

that is such a sweet post! You are lucky! Keep up that happy face inside and out - people see you happy and some might get inspired and others like that aunt might feel like lecturing but you know what, either ways you know how to be happy. That is a blessing. Imagine a world where every one can be happy with in their four walls - what can they do other than bring that happiness out with them when they step out and then boom we have a happy world. You are right it certainly calls for a personality type to be happy like that.

May you contunue to be happy and spread the joy as well :)

sindmani, RajiVad and swarnalata.N.S. like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hi Swarna,

This reminds me of an interesting story. A young old man (around 60) is running along the beach, sweating it out. His face is flushed with the effort. As he pauses for a moment to take a breath he notices a young man may be in his late 20s sitting on the beach, looking into the horizon over the sea and listening to the music of the sea. The young old man approaches the younger man and says "Hey man, what are you doing just sitting around when you should be exercising and being active"? "Why should I do that" asks the younger man. "So that you are fit. Then you can work really hard and earn a lot of money". "And then"? asks the young man. "You can buy a lot of things and you can have a wife and family". "OK, then"? You can put aside part of the money, and when you retire, you can go to the Carribean, sit on the beach and relax. You can be happy in your later years". "But I am already happy just sitting here and relaxing" replies the young man.

So you don't have to do a whole lot of things to be happy. And so what if everyone were like that? The world would be a very contented place and there would not have been so much of unhealthy competition and discontent all around.

You, my dear are a realized soul. :-D So don't worry, be happy.

sindmani, iman, eandian and 10 others like this.
  5. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Swarnalatha ,we are in the same boat.I am really happy to find a person just like me.Yes,you are not the only crack another nut crack is there.Hey,its me yaar.

With two little monsters around the house,I always feel so happy and put a smiley face.People look at me like an alien.

Like you,I am not a traveling type.Having a hot cup of tea on a rainy day makes me very happy and look at the world with a new perspective.If I have a good book by my side AAhaa,It feels like sorgam.

Freshly brewed filter coffee.

Actor Mohan's hit songs.

Hot onion pakodas.

Sydney sheldon or Agatha Christie or Osho.

A board game with hubby ,my mom and my elder kid.

And what not? How could you define this as small things?

They are the biggest things in the world.Many would die to get this happiness.

sindmani, coolgal123, iman and 9 others like this.
  6. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Lovely post... Made me feel nostalgic..
    I liked your finishing punch..

1 person likes this.
  7. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Good post. People tell me too that I should be asking more from my DH and say not to be okay with all that he or IL say, otherwise I will be taken advantage of being the ever so meek n polite person that I am..I say so what even if they do take advantage they are family.....somehow I dont realize, rather do not want to realize what they say and chose to be happy with myself...Another nut...just like u...

2 people like this.
  8. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Lucky you...

Why bother about others? After all, people run after everything ust to find happiness in the end - from whatever it may be. And you have it. You feel contended. That's a good balanced mind. So dont fret over these things about whatever others say.

Previously years before, I used to be like what you were. And even my kinsmen will tell the same. When I gave much thought to it, I started changing. Now I am like any other ordinary person, who frets over a lot of things. Now slowly I am learning to accept certain things as they are.

There will be positive energy surrounding you if you are happy and if you are sad it is the opposite. So stay happy. You are blessed.

After all, what are we going to take from the world finally when we die? Let's be happy or atleast try to be, so that there will be light and positive energy around us.

Here after atleast I ll try to practice what you have written about you so that many sad moments can be turned in to happy ones which ll make people surrounding me also happy. Even if they are not happy, atleast let me be. What is wrong in that?

Thanks for the nice, thought provoking post.

Regards.

9. vini31

vini31 Gold IL'ite

you are one lucky person, acceptance and satisfaction are the greatest of riches, there are so many like me who despite the want for a basic simple life are pulled into complication by plain circumstances, i am too called weird, dont know how to live life, don't know how to njoy life, so u r the object of envy for many dear :)

2 people like this.
  10. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

Lovely post!!!
    Sweet Thoughts!!!

1 person likes this.