1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

I am confused- I need ur advice and suggestions...

Discussion in 'Indians in New Hampshire' started by inlovewithmylyf, Oct 6, 2012.

1. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

I am back in IL after a long time... I need ur help now...

I am in the US since Jan 2009... Its gonna be 4 years... I live in NH and I love the place... Right now, my son and I are in India on a vacation, will be back to the US in a couple of months...

My husband is in the US now... We are planning to buy a home there(NH, USA)... My husband is very much interested in it... I was also interested & it was me who suggested the idea at first... Now my husband has actively started looking at some properties... Last night I was really worried and when my husband called me I told him that he should cancel the plan of buying a home there... Right now we are staying in a apartment community... Its a very nice place, there are a lot of Indians in and around the place... We have a lot of friends too... I gave birth to a baby boy in April 2012... I feel if we move to an independant home or a condo, there wont be any Indians around so my son will not have anyone to play with... He loves playing with other kids... I dont want him to be alone without any friends... I feel I too will not have any Indians to talk to... My husband said if I have a problem them we need not move into an individual home, we shall move into a condo n there would be Indians around... I have a friend who lives in a condo n she always tells me that she does not have even a single Indian friend whom she can talk to... There are only Americans around... I am confused, I dont know what to do... Also is it better to move into an individual home or a condo??? Is it possible for us to sell it easy if we want to in future?? Please help me...

2. AlizaPezer

AlizaPezer Junior IL'ite

Yes its sell is really easy for now. Their are so many options Just google and you will get so many options.

3. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Hello;
    NH as in New Hampshire??? It is such a lovely place; I fell in love with it :)

I prefer a single family house; than a townhouse. I love the space, the yard and the indpendence that the single family house provides. Kids can run around the yard; can build a small pool; swing etc. I do truly appreciate the privacy it provides. Since you have already a friends network where you live; you can try buying a single family house around the area you currently reside; so that way you can call your friends for potluck or such ladies-get-togther.

But my DH is a townhouse person; as he feels the work in managing the single family would be a little too much for his schedule; so he feels that paying monthly maintenance for a townhouse is better option.

4. inlovewithmylyf

Thanks Aliza... :)

5. inlovewithmylyf

Yes Nitha, NH as in New Hampshire... :) Yeah it s a lovely place... I too love this place... :)

Thanks for the suggestion Nitha... We are planning to move into a single family home only...

One more quick question... Is it safe to live in an individual home here???

We live in the ground floor of an apt complex... Four months back, before leavin to India, on a Sunday night, an American guy, at around 1 in the night tried to break into our home... We were sleepin in the bedroom, we came out hearing some noise in the living room... Even after seeing us this guy was not ready to leave the place, he sat in the balcony... We said we are gonna call the cops... When we said that he went to the next apartment ans he started to do the same thing there... When we saw that we called the cops and when they came, this guy said that he was drunk and he didnt know the way to his home... I still dont trust what he said... After that incident, I am really scared to live there... I fear the same thing in the individual homes too...

6. rose2000

rose2000 Silver IL'ite

Hi- for security , you can install those home security system with alarm/security code and all. that way no one can break in your house..and one more thing..dont keep any jewellery at home. Most of the people in US know that we Indians carry lot of gold /valuables and we keep them at home..Make sure to open a safe locker/deposit in your local bank and put your jewellery in it. You should also take home insurance (just like car insurance) when you buy a house.
    GL with your house hunt.