1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am back from my Cruise....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by jothi, Apr 3, 2007.

1. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Vandhana,

Glad you did not think it was too long.. the dophin encounter was definitely the highlight of the trip for us. My son loved snorkeling a lot too. I was too chicken to try snorkeling.

BTW, I forgot to metion that the service that Royal Caribbean provided on board was amazing. There were more than 1500 employees for all the 3000+ passensgers. One more thing, wherever we went to eat, they have placed automatic purell dispensers to sanitize our hands. I am sure moms like me appreciate that a lot. So I ended up bringing back all the purell that I bought unused.

Let me know when you plan a trip, will gladly give you some pointers.

Thanks,
    Jo.

2. safa

safa Bronze IL'ite

Jothi,
    Glad to know that you had a wonderful trip. Haven't finished reading your report, it looks interesting..Thanks for sharing with us..

3. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Jothi,

Good to have you back. My oh my your trip sounds amazing. We have always wanted to do a cruise but did not know how a three year old would handle it. Sounds very interesting and relaxing. I have heard that all they do is eat, and merry. Looks just like it. I have heard of one Indian cruise called masala cruise but this sounds very interesting too. Did your kids take it well? Did you prepare them in doses as suppose to sea sickness etc.Thanks for all the info that you shared will keep you in mind for question sessions once we take our trip.
    Love,

4. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Seena,

Thanks for your FB. let me know when you finish reading

Love,
    Jothi.

5. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Anjana,

It is good to be back in IL. Thanks for your fb. You dont have to worry about bringing your 3yr old on board the ship. I am sure your son or daughter will definitley enjoy and the child care starts from age 3. I did not give anything for the sea sickness. I was surprised at that too. I saw people wearing patches for their sea sickness.. Being the cautious mother that I am I did bring all the precautionary medications for cold and fever with me. Did'nt have to use them. Kids took it very well. They do have a full fledged medical facility on board the ship. I heave heard about the masala cruise too....
    let me know if u need any more info when you take a cruise.

Love,
    Jothi.

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Wow,that was a good write-up on the whole cruise experience.We are also thinking of this but guess we will wait for another couple of years before venturing out on a cruise.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hai Jothi,
    lucky you, for cruising on a ship. I am so glad that you all enjoyed the trip. The photos are so amazing too. The adventure with dolphin- are the dolphins tamed? I have a fascination for dolphins. And your report was very nice, it is not at all lengthy.
    In India too now Star Libra Cruise is organising 1 day, 2 day and 3 day cruises. From Mumbai to Goa and Lakshadeep and back. Sony TV had one of its comedy shows in that. I am pestering hubby to take me on a trip on that.
    We went to Andaman Island or a holiday some years back. I just love water and was so happy to dip in the ocean wherever I saw a beach. Swimming is not done regularly here and so I got a special suit with sleeves and knee length pants for the purpose. And so there was no problem and I had the time of my life. There the water is so clean and very little salty. Pollution is nil and so no itching etc.
    Now getting ready for the next chance? Good luck!

8. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Sunitha,

Thanks so much. I am sure you will enjoy a cruise trip whenever you decide on taking one. It is definitely worth it.

Love,
    Jothi.

9. jothi

jothi Senior IL'ite

Dear Varloo,

Thanks. Glad you did not think the report was lengthy.
    The dolphins were well tamed and trained. It does everything the trainer asks it to do. We were brought down to the dolphin's cage which was a few feet away from the shore. They are in the sea but caged kinda like a big fish tank. They cannot get out of there. We all had life jackets on.
    I bought one of those swimsuits that you mentioned in India when I decided to learn swimming. I did not like it that much. Here I did not worry about wearing a sleeveless swimsuit. They have these new models of two piece swimsuit with a skirt called a skirtini and a tankini.
    I would like to go to Andaman sometime too..
    Keep working on your hubby to take you on the cruise trip.
    Good luck.

Love,
    Jothi.

10. vidhukumar

vidhukumar Senior IL'ite

hey jyothi!!!lots of good info!!we have been wanting to go on a cruise for a long time..but somehow didnt make it.....now i will defenitely tell my hubby to take me...but i guess i'll have to wait a couple of years as i have a new baby now!!!gr8 pics&good write up!