Hyderabadi Bangles

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Hyderabad' started by lathaa, Feb 6, 2009.

1. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Bewitching palaces, timeless corridors, fairy-tale courtyards and the whispering water ways, yeah right, we are talking of 'Hyderabad.'

Hyderabad, the city of the Nizam's, is a beautiful blend of the traditional and the modern. Hyderabad has a truly cosmopolitan character. The transition from a friendly over-grown village, into a Hi-tech one on the world network, it includes huge flyovers coexisting with humble Irani teashops.

Hyderabad, ‘The city of pearls’ is famed for its enchanting pearls, beautiful poetry, delicious cuisine and the much in vogue Hyderabadi Bangles. With their adorable Chan Chan, appealing colors and ethnic patterns bangles have become a fashion statement for today’s women. Gracefully adapting it with the modern trends this versatile traditional ornament is a fashion accessory enhancing aesthetic beauty.

Bangles are not just a decoration for a women but is a beauty in itself, ask any Hyderabadi and they will definitely vouch for it!

Since time immemorial, bangles, like Bindhi, has become an integral part of an Indian woman, more so, for a traditional Hyderabadi woman. They love to adorn their wrists with colorful bangles and their elders simply love the sound of!

Charminar, its grandeur apparent, lords over the pearl shops offering varieties of Hyderabadi Bangles, Pearls and captivating collection of bangles. The most loveable city and the best of the sort, that's our Hyderabad.

There are many types of bangles and there are quite a few present near and around Charminar, where bangle sellers weave a web of magic around your wrists. The most famous is the Hyderabadi Lacquered Bangles, molded out of pure lac and studded with glittering and beautifully cut glass pieces of various colors.

Lad Bazaar in Charminar is the main market for these bangles.

Some of the Lacquered bangles......

Attached Files:

2. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

Wow Lats, very nice info to share and i just love bangles :)
    Thanks for sharing such detailed info about Hyderabadi Bangles..

I like to shop at some places like Chudi Bazaar near charminar and also lad bazaar. I have one bangle that you showed in picture type and it costed me around 400/ i think bought long back..

wait i will come back with a snap of that :p

3. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Latha,

Myself and Kids are lovers of Bangles. I remember when I visited Hyd during my college days..I had purchased Bangles from Chudi Bazar..the volume of Bangles don't ask...I went on purchasing for every dress of mine...

Nice to see so many beautiful creations once again.

4. Bujji

Bujji Bronze IL'ite

Dear Latha,

Bangles are just gorgeous. :))

I dont have a bangle collection :( ,
    but a proud owner of Lad Bazaar bangles. :yes:
    Eager to post the picture.

Hope I will do it tomorrow :))

5. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Seno dearie,i know you are have a huge collection of bangles.would like to see your collection here once again.Thanks for being here for me.

6. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear Lalitha,

Glad this thread reminded you the beautiful memories of yester years.Though they might not be as precious as the gold ones but the bright colours,glass cut,textures makes them incomparable beauties.

Regards,
    lathaa

7. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear Bujji,

Even i don't have collection,but pick up very few whenever i visit charminar which is rare.Me too eagerly waiting to have a glimpse of your bangles.
    Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
    lathaa

8. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Few more bangles........

Attached Files:

9. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

My collections of Hyderabadi Bangles

Lats, finally here are few of mine. Poor lightning so some variation in colors but some how i managed to click snaps of them..

Hope you all like them :)

Attached Files:

10. Senorita

Senorita Silver IL'ite

My collections of Hyderabadi Bangles

Here are few of my glass bangle collections..

Attached Files: